Sector: Criminal Justice
Consultant: Gurmail Singh
Salary: £80000 - £120000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Medical are looking for an Addictions Psychiatrist to fill an exclusive opportunity within a leading addictions service in South Yorkshire.
The post holder will be responsible for the medical assessment, treatment and review of Substitute Prescribing Pathway patients and input into clinical governance framework in the Addiction Service. The sessions in the addiction service will be used to meet service need and to allow professional development within addiction including alcohol treatment for alcohol dependence.
The post holder is also expected to make links with Fife General Practitioners and other organisations/professionals to foster awareness of the issues around drug use.
- Undertake medical assessment, which identifies the nature of drug use and level of harm experienced. The assessment will include physical, psychiatric, psychological and social factors.
- To diagnose substance misuse and dependence while assessing physical and mental co-morbidities and psychosocial context.
- To consider and aim to minimize risk to the individual and their dependents.
- To offer a range of interventions including harm reduction measures, maintenance prescribing, and detoxification as part of a wider team.
- Refer patients identified with a severe and enduring mental health disorder for assessment to a specialist addiction psychiatrist.
- In conjunction with other clinical staff develop treatment and care plans which address identified patient need and accord with the views of the patient.
- Reduce the incidence of Hepatitis and encourage uptake of treatment for those already infected by promoting the uptake of Hepatitis A+B immunisation/BBV testing and referring of identified cases to the appropriate service.
- Prescribe evidence-based therapies in line with national/local guidelines protocols/policies.
- Communicate regularly with the patient’s GP with a formulation of the medical assessment, treatment plan and details of prescribed medication.
- Advise support and supervise non-medical prescribers within the addiction service.
- Liase with other health and social agencies to deliver effective integrated care.
- Qualifications: Medical Degree and completion of Basic Medical Training
- Experience: Preferably have experience of working with people who have a drug and/or alcohol dependency
- Compliance: Full GMC- UK Registration and Licence to Practice
- Hours: Full time flexible
Working with Seven Medical:
Established in 2011, Seven Medical is a leading provider of Healthcare professionals to public and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of Healthcare; including Doctors, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Podiatrists, Paediatric Audiologists and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a medic who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Medical. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive medical jobs across the UK, please visit our website by searching ‘Seven Medical’ on Google, or call 0333 200 5424 .