Sector: Criminal Justice
Consultant: Michele Dawson
Salary: £50000 - £50000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Criminal Justice is looking for an Advanced Nurse Practitioner to work in the Essex area. If you are looking for an exclusive opportunity then apply now.
Working closely with a multidisciplinary team you will use your experience to practice autonomously and flexibly. Practitioners should have significant experience in primary care or A&E/Minor Injuries Unit. Applicants must also be competent in the assessment of patients with undifferentiated needs and have completed their Independent Prescribing qualification. You will work with the Service Manager, and Clinical Lead to deliver robust clinical governance and the fulfilment of the service contract.
- Using evidence based research undertake accurate assessment and management of patients with undifferentiated needs in accordance with evidence based clinical guidelines, including patients presenting with minor illness and minor injury in both adult and paediatric patients.
- Undertake assessment and management of patients in a timely manner, actively contributing to effective delivery of the service based on demand.
- Undertake diagnosis and when applicable subsequently provide clinical treatment according to extended nurse prescribing formulary.
- To perform a variety of screening procedures and diagnostic tests as requested or deemed necessary during assessment and offer opportunistic screening when appropriate. This includes the interpretation of radiographs.
- Prioritise cases and intervene appropriately in urgent or emergency situations, including initiation of effective emergency care.
- To refer and liaise with other agencies as required, and provide patients and carers with accurate information and advice on a range of health issues.
- Maintain accurate and contemporaneous records using relevant systems.
- Provide clinical leadership to the nursing team including non-qualified nursing roles and implement and develop a system of peer review and support for the clinical supervision of the nursing team.
- Support the achievement of performance measures such as internal targets and contractual KPI’s.
- Play a full part in the development of the clinical governance programme for the service including audit and incident reporting
- To be responsible for adhering to and ensuring other staff adhere to all policies and procedures relevant to the UCC, participating in the development of such policies as required.
- To participate in the development of the clinical supervision process, ensuring that supervision is available for staff and aligned to the clinical governance agenda.
- Initiate change within the department as a result of audit and research.
- To be responsible for supporting the management of the UCC in the absence of the nurse consultant, including staff and resources, working within health and safety guidelines, demonstrating an awareness of the clinical governance agenda and risk management.
- To identify areas of potential improvement, undertake audit and research and support the implementation of new initiatives.
- Qualifications: Extended/independent prescribing qualification, an Accredited A&E or minor illness qualification and a Nurse Practitioner qualification and registered NMC pin.
- Experience: 3+ years’ experience in primary case, A&E or minor injuries unit and experience working as an autonomous practitioner.
- Compliance: Proof to live and work in the UK.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: Full time, permanent.
Working with Seven Criminal Justice:
Established in 2011, Seven Criminal Justice is a leading provider of staff to Local Authorities, Prisons, Probation Services, Charities and Private Organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of criminal justice; including Youth Justice, Probation, Recovery, Rehabilitation, Psychology, Nursing and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Nurse Practitioner who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Criminal Justice. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.