Sector: Criminal Justice
Consultant: Dean Johnson
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Criminal Justice is currently looking for a Community Key Worker work in North London on a Temporary contract. The ideal candidate will possess a n in-depth knowledge of issues facing women offenders and those at risk of offending; both in and out of the Criminal Justice System.
The pay rate for this locum recovery worker job is £11.00 (LTD Company Equivalent) per hour for 35 hours per week and is an initial 2 month contract and then on to a rolling contract or permanent role (depending on client requirement)
- To meet women returning to a London address on the day of their release, escort to meet CRC staff in compliance with their licence and provide intensive support to assist clients in the first 48 hours (minimum) of release.
- To regularly review the individual Support Plan with clients returning to London on release from custody that seeks to address their mental/physical health, housing, substance misuse, relationship, education/ training/ employment, parenting, financial and cultural needs, and support them in line with this plan.
- To undertake an assessment and develop an Individual Support Plan with clients subject to community disposals that seeks to address issues leading to offending such as poor mental/physical and sexual health, housing, substance misuse, relationship, education/training/employment, parenting, financial and cultural needs, and support them in line with this Plan
- To meet women face-to-face based on the support target of weekly for the first month, fortnightly for 2 to 3 months and monthly thereafter up to 12 months from referral, providing emotional and practical support, aiming to reduce re-offending and encourage desistance for the women.
- To advise on referral options, signpost and arrange for the referral of women to appropriate local agencies based upon their identified needs and in consultation with the client
- To act as Responsible Officer during the Post-Sentence Supervision period of a woman’s licence, in partnership with London CRC, to monitor the client’s attendance, engagement, progress with objectives, risk of harm and risk of re-offending, and inform relevant authorities of any risk escalation or breach action within 24hrs
- Obtain feedback from the client regarding their experience of the Minerva service on exit from the service and use this feedback to inform the development of our services
- Develop and maintain information and resource materials to provide a full range of support
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with all partner agencies including the Prison Service, Probation (CRC), Police, Health, Housing and Local Authority, and work appropriately within local Integrated Offender Management (IOM), MARAC and Safeguarding Adults and Children frameworks to identify and manage risk
- To attend the different CRC offices in the boroughs you cover and to be part of the ‘Women Only’ inductions facilitated by the Offender Managers, to introduce the Minerva services to the client obtaining referrals
- To work closely with the Offender Managers to actively encourage referrals to the service and establish positive relationships.
- Work closely with the mandated custodial services to ensure a high quality service for women
- Work as part of a team, communicating effectively within a team environment
- Complete work of a high standard, ensuring that Advance meets the specific KPIs and outcome measures agreed with London CRC
Requirements of the recovery worker:
- Up to date DBS
- Previous experience in a similar role
You will be working alongside the fastest growing recruitment company in the UK, who provide an unrivalled service to all of their clients and candidates across the United Kingdom. Seven currently offer the best pay rates in the UK for criminal justice employees, making us the best option for maximising your earning potential and career fulfilment. Seven consultants are passionate about placing you in the best possible role, for the best possible rate, so why not get in contact with us now.
Are you ready for the challenge? If so, we look forward to hearing from you.
What else can you expect from Seven?
– Free DBS Update
– Specialist Consultant allocated to you with all the expertise you require.
– Excellent Payroll and Compliance System, ensuring that you are paid on time, every time.
– Online Timesheets, allowing you to submit your hours in an effortless, safe and secure process.
– Access to Exclusive Rates, allowing you to gain earnings that no other agency can offer you.
If you would like us to consider you for this role then please let me know, alternatively if you are not looking for a new position but know of someone suitable, we do pay £250.00 for every referral that we manage to place. They just need to contact me and quote your name.
Senior Recruitment Consultant
07520 634 254
0333 200 5424