Sector: Criminal Justice
Consultant: Gurmail Singh
Salary: £90000 - £150000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Medical are looking for a Consultant Psychiatrist within Addictions to fill an exclusive opportunity within a leading addictions service in East Anglia. Benefits of the role are you will have access to weekly CPD time, monthly educational meetings, being part of national initiatives including audit, and having a higher specialist trainee.
The post-holder will be required to provide leadership, expert advice and direction to the service to ensure that service users consistently receive high quality services that adhere to the best practice guidelines and achieve high professional standards. They will be part of the Senior Management Team and expected to contribute to the overall
performance of the service to ensure that contractual output targets are achieved. They will be required to record and input client data and information in order that the service operates within contractual, administrative and financial requirements.
- To provide a clinical assessment, including relevant psychiatric and physical investigation, of a wide range of substance misusers presenting to the service.
- In conjunction with other members of the Multidisciplinary Team to plan and deliver appropriate individually tailored treatment plans.
- To regularly review and monitor patients’ treatment progress (including results of urinalysis and other laboratory investigations).
- To keep accurate appropriate and up-to-date medical and administrative documentation including computer records.
- To liaise closely with other relevant professionals and organisations including nonstatutory addiction services, adult psychiatric services, general practitioners, medical colleagues, Social Services and Prison Services
- To operate within guidelines, policies and procedures relevant to the post.
- To provide clinical advice, liaison and consultation as required to colleagues in primary care, community services and acute specialties in line with new ways of working
- Engaging with people who have substance misuse problems and providing them with general healthcare and general mental health assessments and contribute to the development of individual care plans.
- Provide specialist prescribing assessments to opiate, stimulant, tranquilizer, barbiturate and alcohol dependent clients.
- Initiate appropriate prescribing regimes to clients in line with national legislation and national and local guidance.
- Provide medical management and reviews of prescribed clients
- Provide sound evidence-based clinical practice to facilitate effective treatment decisions.
- Work with other team members to ensure effective administration in terms of record keeping, discharge summaries and correspondence to other relevant bodies. Work with management team to ensure all paperwork and records are regularly audited.
- Conduct phlebotomy tests and support nursing team in ensuring that the maximum number of service users are tested for BBVs and vaccinated against Hepatitis A and B.
- Be an active part of the management team to ensure service and organisational goals are met and that clinical standards are kept high.
- Qualifications: Medical Degree and completion of Basic Medical Training, MRCPsych or equivalent qualification
- Experience: 2+ years in substance misuse
- Compliance: GMC specialist register
- Hours: Full time flexible
Working with Seven Health Care:
Established in 2011, Seven Healthcare is a leading provider of Healthcare professionals to public and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of Healthcare; including Doctors, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Podiatrists, Paediatric Audiologists and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Probation Officer who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Medical. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive medical jobs across the UK, please visit our website by searching ‘Seven Health Care on Google, or call 0333 200 5424.