Sector: Criminal Justice
Consultant: Jim Garwood
Salary: £25000 - £30000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
To generate fee income for the firm by the provision of legal services to clients in a professional and competent manner and to assist the firm in attracting new clients and maintaining existing clients.
1. Provide technical/legal support and guidance for other fee earners within the
2. To manage and develop staff who report directly to you on a daily basis
Skills Knowledge and Experience required:
An experienced conveyancer with knowledge and experience of the procedures involved in a conveyancing transaction.
- Provide advice and assistance to clients and to represent their interests by
a) Advising clients in person and, where appropriate, on the telephone
b) Correspondence and telephone calls
c) Preparation and perusal of legal documents
e) Dealing with solicitors and other professionals
2. Maintain and develop expertise in the following areas of legal work:
3. Keep up to date with the needs of the firm and developments in relevant law and procedures and to develop office skills by:
a) Attending fee earners meetings
b) Attending departmental meetings when required
c) Attending in-house and external courses and seminars as agreed
d) Reading relevant periodicals as circulated within the office
e) Co-operating with the firm’s aim that all fee earners attain 16 hours of training in each year
4. Provide any necessary supervision of secretarial and support staff, including the carrying out of appraisals when required.
5. Hours / Billing / Credit Control
To seek to achieve key performance indicators of fees or such other targets as may from time to time be agreed with the firm
To deliver bills promptly, to obtain money where appropriate on account of costs and disbursements and to cooperate fully with the Accounts department in the collection of your unpaid bills, if any.
- Remain familiar with the firm’s requirements as to Client Care and quality standards and to implement these, particularly with regard to Client Care letters