Sector: Criminal Justice
Consultant: Jim Garwood
Salary: £22000 - £28000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
The Therapist/Counsellor will be responsible for the day-to-day delivery of a high quality therapeutic programme to clients’ with addictions and other associated disorders’, to their families and or others within the community. This involves working with individuals and groups, applying psychological approaches and principles, with the objective of assisting clients’ to understand addiction, improve, change and manage their life situations while maintaining an abstinent lifestyle and developing their ability to support themselves in communities without further recourse to addictive behaviours
Main Duties & Responsibilities
1 . Undertake all duties and responsibilities in accordance with:
– The Company’s policies, procedures, protocols, guidelines and standards
– Good professional practice and the Company’s Quality Assurance strategy
– CQC and other regulatory requirements
– Relevant legislation
– All legal and contractual obligations
Particularly in relation to information governance, confidentiality, diversity, health & safety and medication control as defined from time to time
2. Monitor and evaluate the quality of care and treatment that will engage clients in positive decision making and behavioural change and ensure that the services offered are ‘fit for purpose’.
3. Where required to do so, supervise the safe custody, control, administration and documenting of medication.
4. Accurately record and report statistical information, maintain case records to take part in the audit of clinical standards and service evaluation and ensure that all administration, case recording, and written reports are maintained to the agreed standards and contribute to service monitoring requirements and for external party purposes.
5. Carry out Risk and Care Plan reviews in conjunction with the client and to submit written reports which provide regular reviews of the individual client’s progress.
6 . Facilitate and co-facilitate effective and evidence-based group programmes as well as designing group-work programmes & materials as part of a multi- disciplinary team.
7 . Deliver structured and effective 1-1 counselling, group work, and holistic support, as part of the overall care to clients as per the agreed counselling contract/recovery care plan using recognised approaches and theoretical models to enable individuals to identify and explore concerns relating to their addiction or associated concern.
8 . Carry out drug testing as required and ensure the centre is a safe, supportive drug and alcohol free environment.
9 . Collaborate effectively with third parties, and contribute positively to relevant internal and external forums
10 . Assist in the intake, transfer and discharge of service users
11 . Assessing risk and ensuring a safe and appropriate environment for all through the prevention and management of abusive and aggressive behaviours.
12 . Undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required by the Line Manager and/or the Senior Management Team or Directors.
1 . Diploma in Counselling at Level 5 or equivalent therapeutic qualification
2. Eligibility for BACP or equivalent professional body membership/accreditation
3 . Two years’ experience of direct client work with at least one year experience of working with clients in a therapeutic setting conducting assessments and delivering one-to-one counselling services and group work, based on a range of current models of evidence based service delivery.
4 . Experience of delivering a range of services in a residential setting to meet different client needs.
5. Understanding of crisis management and the ability to deal with life threatening situations including the prevention of suicide.
6 . Proven organisational skills in case management and confidential record keeping practices.
7. Ability to promote effective team working and work collaboratively as part of a team
8 . Confidence to work on own initiative
9 . Empathic and non-judgemental attitude
10 . Strong verbal and written communication skills at all levels.
11 . Proficiency in using Microsoft Office and Outlook
12. Establish, interact, engage, empower, sustain and disengage from relationships with vulnerable and socially excluded individuals.
13 . Conflict resolution skills
14 . Strong customer service skills
15 . Ability to respond flexibly to the demands of the role
16 . Ability to engage in continuous professional development
17 . Ability to have an appreciation of and work effectively with people from a diverse background