Sector: Criminal Justice
Consultant: Jamie Chittock
Salary: £26000 - £30000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Detox Nurse (RMN / RGN)
£26,000 – £30,000
My Client, a substance misuse residential rehab unit, is looking for a detox nurse to join the multi-disciplinary team based in the detoxification unit providing support to service users with substance misuse during the 1st Phase of our intensive therapeutic treatment programme.
You will work within the unit providing care and support to individuals undergoing a supportive detoxification from alcohol and/or drugs. Therefore, an interest in this specialist group would be advantageous. You will learn to participate in and lead the various group activities that occur in the unit as part of the treatment programme and will act as named nurse to a number service users
You will be responsible for all general nursing duties and assisting the Medical Director in organising and assisting with clinical duties.
The Job Role
- To work collaboratively within the unit and with the detoxification team, nurses, support workers and peer supporters.
- To complete all relevant paperwork and maintain accurate client records. To collect required data for the data Clerk as required by BAC O’Connor for administration and monitoring purposes.
- To organise junior staff workloads and hold a small case load of service users ensuring their safety whilst in receipt of their supportive detoxification regime.
- To ensure effective observation and recording of service users condition whilst undergoing a supportive detoxification regime prescribed by the Medical Director.
- To attend internal meetings when necessary with the Medical Director.
- To ensure that service user nurse care-plans are reviewed according to their individual needs.
- To provide nursing support to service users, under supervision of Clinical Manager, in monitoring health care and physical needs during detoxification treatment.
- To check prescribed medication as per policy and procedure and ensure the safe administration of all medication required to service users.
- To carry out substance screening as necessary and record outcomes.
- To assist the Medical Director with clinics and any requested tests and evaluation.
- Carry out routine basic observations and record the outcomes, reporting any concerns to Clinical Manager/Medical Director.
- Ability to respond to any emergencies in a competent and professional manner.
- To provide basic teaching skills to junior members of the team and encourage support workers and peer supporters/volunteers.
- Ensure that Equal Opportunities and Health and Safety Policies are adhered to by all service users, staff and volunteers.
- Ensure all policies and procedures of the BAC O’Connor are read and understood and followed accordingly.
- Participate in regular supervision and six-monthly appraisals with Clinical Manager/Medical Director to ensure ongoing competence to perform role and to develop own knowledge, skills and abilities.
- To identify educational and training needs, professional development and annual personal development. Particularly around building an understanding of substance misuse, in line with Drug and Alcohol National Occupational Standards (DANOS).
- To have basic computer skills, demonstrating the ability to use Microsoft Office.
Can you see yourself working in this Staffordshire establishment?
This job is advertised by Jamie Chittock; if you are interested in this position please click and apply now.
Please feel free to contact Jamie on 07852 217851