Sector: Criminal Justice
Consultant: Gurmail Singh
Salary: £22911 - £22911
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Criminal Justice are recruiting for a rewarding opportunity available for a Female IDVA to join our team based across North Somerset. You will join us on full time, permanent basis, working 37.5 hours per week including participation in out of hours telephone on-call rota and some evenings and Saturdays. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £22,911 per annum plus benefits.
About the role:
This post will be based within Domestic abuse services providing outreach, and community based support to high risk victims across North Somerset. Working closely with the Lighthouse, One Front Door and MARAC to provide co-ordinated package of emotional and practical support, advice and advocacy to female or male high risk survivors of domestic violence and their children,
The role involves empowering high risk survivors to increase their options, make positive choices/decisions, increase their confidence, safety and recovery. The role involves empowering survivors to increase their options, make positive choices/decisions, increase their confidence, safety and recovery.
- To carry out risk assessments including DASH, co-produce safety plans with the service user regularly review the plans, enabling survivors to assess and manage risk to their own and their children’s safety. Amend plans as appropriate when circumstances change and attend the MARAC and refer service users when appropriate.
- Carry out needs assessments which effectively establish the support needs of individuals and families and enable support to be offered as quickly as possible. Respond flexibly as the individuals or family’s needs and risks change
- Promote the service through building positive relationships with the Police, Lighthouse, current and potential referrers and service users to ensure a steady flow of appropriate referrals.
- When appropriate, using our established protocols, make referrals to Addaction for Substance Misuse support services and AWP Mental Health services for a mental health assessment
- Liaise closely with applicant and referral agencies and keep informed of progress and outcome of their referral/assessment.
- Qualifications: IDVA qualified
- Experience: Proven experience of working with women / men and children who have survived domestic abuse
- Hours: Full time
- Salary: £22,911 per annum plus benefits
- Up to 30 days annual leave (depending on length of service)
- 3 extra holidays including International Women’s Day
- Excellent development and training opportunities
- Employer pension contribution (minimum 5% of your gross salary)
- Mindful Employer Plus Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Wellness Awards
Working with Criminal Justice:
Established in 2011, Seven Criminal Justice is a leading provider of Healthcare professionals to public and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of Healthcare; including Doctors, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Podiatrists, Paediatric Audiologists and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a medic who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Criminal Justice. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive medical jobs across the UK, please visit our website by searching ‘Seven Criminal Justice’ on Google, or call 0333 200 5424 .