Sector: Criminal Justice
Consultant: Gurmail Singh
Salary: £52306 - £69803
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Criminal Justice have an exciting vacancy for the new role of a Psychologist to join a Integrated Drug and Alcohol Recovery Service in Southampton.
This role will support the development of clinical practice and well-being within our staff team. The role will be supported and Line Managed by a National Psychologist and will benefit from being part of a national network of Psychologists. We are looking for a passionate, talented and committed individual to join our local leadership team; inclusive of our Clinical Lead Consultant in Psychiatry.
To carry out specialist psychological assessments of clients referred to the service, based upon psychological data including – psychological and neuropsychological tests, self-report measures, rating scales, direct and indirect structured observations and semi-structured interviews with clients, family members and others involved in the client’s care, to support understanding of the client’s difficulties and to support effective care planning and joint working arrangements.
- To support staff in the delivery of psychosocial interventions and to provide case work supervision.
- To deliver group based interventions where required.
- To develop and implement plans for evidence based psychological treatment and/or management of a client’s mental health problems
- To provide specialist assessments of clients presenting with cognitive impairment and ARBI liaising with local mental health providers and social care providers to support effective care planning
- To make recommendations for psychological interventions to work effectively with people presenting with complex needs due to cognitive impairment and organic disorders
- To evaluate and make complex decisions about treatment options taking into account local treatment pathways, therapeutic models and factors concerning historical and developmental processes that have shaped the individual, family or group.
- To exercise autonomous professional responsibility for the assessment, treatment and discharge of complex clients.
- Qualifications: Post-graduate doctoral level training in applied psychology [or its equivalent for those trained prior to 1996 or outside the UK] as approved by the HCPC, including specifically models of psychopathology, clinical psychometrics, two or more distinct psychological therapies and lifespan developmental psychology.
- Experience: Professionally registered as a Practitioner Psychologist with the Health
- Care Professions Council (CHPC)
- Hours: Part time 0.8 – 30 hours per week
- Salary : £52,306 – £69,803 pa WTE Pro Rata (Band Afc 8b equivalent)
Working with Seven Criminal Justice:
Established in 2011, Seven Criminal Justice is a leading provider of staff to Local Authorities, Prisons, Probation Services, Charities and Private Organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of criminal justice; including Youth Justice, Probation, Recovery, Rehabilitation, Psychology, Nursing and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Substance Misuse Nurse Prescriber who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Criminal Justice. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.