Sector: Criminal Justice
Consultant: Gurmail Singh
Salary: £52306 - £60983
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Criminal Justice have an exciting vacancy for the new role of a Psychologist to join an Integrated Drug and Alcohol Recovery Service in Southampton.
This role will support the development of clinical practice and well-being within our staff team. The role will be supported and Line Managed by a National Psychologist and will benefit from being part of a national network of Psychologists. We are looking for a passionate, talented and committed individual to join our local leadership team; inclusive of our Clinical Lead Consultant in Psychiatry.
- Work under the supervision of the Lead Clinical Psychologist and Services CQC Registered Manager as an integral member of a multi-disciplinary team. The Clinical Psychologist is a significant leader within the service.
- Deliver comprehensive clinical psychology interventions to service users and will support staff to work effectively with those experiencing mental health problems and duality of diagnosis, with an emphasis on evidenced based psychosocial interventions.
- Support local practice, ensuring service users receive services that adhere to best practice guidelines and high professional standards; within both local substance misuse and mental health services.
- Working to improve the psychological well-being of service users; you will support trauma informed approaches and the effective care of service users in both settings.
- Provide support to staff in managing complex service users to improve recovery planning and directly provide interventions to service users based on the need for input by a psychologist.
- Work with MDT colleagues to lead the psychosocial intervention response; supporting staff by establishing monthly clinical supervision groups and de-briefs for complex/difficult situations; these will form part of regular practice.
- Qualifications: Post-graduate doctoral level training in applied psychology [or its equivalent for those trained prior to 1996 or outside the UK] as approved by the HCPC, including specifically models of psychopathology, clinical psychometrics, two or more distinct psychological therapies and lifespan developmental psychology.
- Experience: Professionally registered as a Practitioner Psychologist with the Health
- Care Professions Council (CHPC)
- Hours: Part time 0.8 – 30 hours per week
- Salary : £52,306 – £60,983 pa WTE Pro Rata (Band Afc 8b equivalent)
Working with Seven Criminal Justice:
Established in 2011, Seven Criminal Justice is a leading provider of staff to Local Authorities, Prisons, Probation Services, Charities and Private Organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of criminal justice; including Youth Justice, Probation, Recovery, Rehabilitation, Psychology, Nursing and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Substance Misuse Nurse Prescriber who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Criminal Justice. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.