Sector: Criminal Justice
Consultant: Romi Gooden
Salary: £50000 - £50000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Criminal Justice is looking for a Lead Substance Misuse Nurse Prescriber NMP in the Birmingham area.
In this role you will offer care for presenting clients. As the Lead nurse you will have responsibilities for all of the other nurses. You will also initiate the prescribing of and/or make amendments to prescriptions of opiate and/or alcohol substitute treatments and other related medications. Lastly you will need to be able to take a lead role in developing the prescribing clinic, acting as a point of contact for other workers and partner agencies around prescribing issues.
- Receive pre-admission documentation and medical summaries (when required) for new clients and approve their admission.
- Conduct an initial assessment on arrival and prescribe detox medications according to protocol, blood alcohol level and symptomatic need.
- Oversee a team of recovery practitioners who are trained and competent to administer medication.
- Train new staff to be able to do administer medication.
- Conduct weekly and monthly clinical audits.
- Ensure that medical practice complies with policy and procedure.
- Liaise with pharmacy and medical suppliers.
- Liaise with other clinicians who are part of the team including the clinical lead.
- Contribute to the development of policy, procedure and best practice.
- Provide additional in-house training as required.
- Participate the bi-monthly clinical governance board.
- Qualifications: Qualified pharmacist with current GPhC registration OR First level registered nurse with a current pin.
Qualified Non-Medical Prescriber.
- Experience: 2+ years post qualification experience.
- Compliance: Up to date DBS is required.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: Full time, permanent.
Working with Seven Criminal Justice:
Established in 2011, Seven Criminal Justice is a leading provider of staff to Local Authorities, Prisons, Probation Services, Charities and Private Organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of criminal justice; including Youth Justice, Probation, Recovery, Rehabilitation, Psychology, Nursing and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Substance Misuse Nurse Practitioner who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Criminal Justice. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.