Sector: Criminal Justice
Consultant: Kelvin Ryan
Salary: £50 - £50
Job Status: Contract / Full Time
Seven Criminal Justice is looking for a Non-Medical Prescriber to work within a Mental Health Team to fill a temporary contract in Bristol.
As a Non-Medical Prescriber you will be working with people with drug and alcoholic issues, and you will have the control to prescribe them any drug that they may need. You will need to be a compassionate and caring individual to take on this job role as you will be supporting many people with addictions. As directed by the NMP Lead, Assistant Medical Director and the Service’s Medical Lead, the post holder will be an integral member of a multi-disciplinary and multi-agency team delivering recovery orientated alcohol and drug intervention services.
- Assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate treatment/interventions and care for patients presenting with an undifferentiated diagnosis.
- Provide information and advice on prescribed or over-the-counter medication on medication regimens, side-effects and interactions.
- Prioritise health problems and intervene appropriately to assist the patient in complex, urgent or emergency situations, including initiation of effective emergency care.
- Support patients to adopt health promotion strategies that promote healthy lifestyles, and apply principles of self-care.
- Diagnose and manage both acute and chronic conditions, integrating both drug- and non-drug-based treatment methods into a management plan.
- Proactively identify, diagnose and manage treatment plans for patients at risk of developing a long-term condition (as appropriate).
- Offer care for presenting clients.
- Initiate prescribing of and/or make amendments to prescriptions of opiate and/or alcohol substitute treatments and other related medications.
- Take a lead role in developing the prescribing clinic, acting as a point of contact for other workers and partner agencies around prescribing issues.
- Qualifications: Qualified Non-Medical Prescriber (NMP) and have a valid NMC Pin.
- Experience: A minimum of 3 years’ post-qualifying service.
Preferably you will have experience in a relevant speciality such as A&E, Walk in Centre, Substance Misuse, Community Nursing, and Police Custody, Prison or other.
- Compliance: Up to date DBS is required.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: Full time, temporary.
Working with Seven Criminal Justice:
Established in 2011, Seven Criminal Justice is a leading provider of staff to Local Authorities, Prisons, Probation Services, Charities and Private Organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of criminal justice; including Youth Justice, Probation, Recovery, Rehabilitation, Psychology, Nursing and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Non-medical Prescriber who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Criminal Justice. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.