Sector: Criminal Justice
Consultant: Alex Bradnum
Salary: £45 - £45
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Criminal Justice have an exciting new opportunity available in Swansea in a community based recovery service for those affected by Substance Misuse. Our client is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic RGN or RMN who is a qualified Non-Medical Prescriber (V300).
We are looking for someone who has an in-depth knowledge of the issues affecting people with substance misuse and experience of coordinating interventions with the service user. The successful candidate will need to be comfortable with the recovery principles in addictions, ITEP and NICE guidance on detoxification and stabilisation protocols.
- Offer care for presenting clients;
- Initiate prescribing of and/or make amendments to prescriptions of opiate and/or alcohol substitute treatments and other related medications;
- Take a lead role in developing the prescribing clinic, acting as a point of contact for other workers and partner agencies around prescribing issues.
- Assess, diagnose, plan; implement and evaluate treatment/interventions and care for service users.
- Clinically assess service user needs and plan clinical care accordingly.
- Diagnose and manage on an individual needs basis, integrating both drug and nondrug based treatment methods into a management plan, in conjunction with the Recovery Coordinator.
- Identify and assess suitability of service users for in-patient alcohol and opioid detoxification as appropriate.
- Proactively review and manage clinical treatment plans of the service user.
- Prescribe and review medication for therapeutic effectiveness appropriate to service user needs and in accordance with evidence-based practice and national and local protocols, and within scope of practice.
- Work with service users to support concordance to prescribed treatments.
- Provide information and advice on prescribed, illicit and over-the-counter medication, including side-effects and interactions.
- Prioritise health problems and intervene appropriately to assist the service user in complex, urgent or emergency situations seeking immediate advice and direction from the Clinical Lead if needed.
- Assess, identify and refer patients presenting with mental health needs.
- Assess, update and refer service users for BBV vaccination and immunisation programmes. Support service users to adopt health promotion strategies that promote healthy lifestyles.
- Qualifications: A Registered Nurse (RMN or RGN) qualification & Qualified Non-Medical Prescriber (V300)
- Experience: Substance misuse experience.
- Hours: Full time Mon – Fri 9-5
Working with Seven Criminal Justice:
Established in 2011, Seven Criminal Justice is a leading provider of staff to Local Authorities, Prisons, Probation Services, Charities and Private Organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of criminal justice; including Youth Justice, Probation, Recovery, Rehabilitation, Psychology, Nursing and everything in between.
After winning multiple awards in 2019, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Substance Misuse Nurse Prescriber who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Criminal Justice. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.