Sector: Criminal Justice
Consultant: Jim Garwood
Salary: £38000 - £40000
Job Status: Contract / Full Time
Job purpose / Context:
Work flexibly within the service to provide a range clinical and prescribing services to drug and alcohol users across Sandwell.
Responsible to: Clinical Lead
- Provide a clinical service to alcohol and drug users consistent to their needs including evidence based non-medical prescribing service.
- Provide tailored treatment interventions including general health assessments and screening, community detoxification, medication titration, stabilization programmes and relapse prevention plans.
- Develop clinically safe and effective Detox plans with individuals that are; comprehensive, person-centred and individualised based on a clear assessment of that individual’s physical and mental needs, substance and circumstances.
- Ensure accurate notes of all consultations and contacts relating to service users are recorded clearly and fully in clinical notes.
- Completing accurate, person-centred and individualised risk assessments and risk management plans.
- Offer wound care assessment and basic wound dressing to clients. Organise signposting to other services as required, and ensure clear pathways into other treatment arenas as appropriate.
- Undertake phlebotomy and dry blood spot testing, as required, to undertake routine screening and testing, ensuring adherence to identified pathway for blood sample labelling, collection, obtaining results and signposting follow-up and any next steps planning.
- Further details upon application