Sector: Criminal Justice
Consultant: Gurmail Singh
Salary: £34000 - £35000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Criminal Justice are looking for an Registered General Nurse to fill an exclusive opportunity within a Prison Service in Ashford, Middlesex. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced RGN or RMN to join a substance misuse service within a secure environment. They are currently looking for a RGM or RMN who has a positive attitude, that is willing to learn and understand the treatment process.
As a Substance Misuse Nurse (RGN or RMN) you will be joining a national service with a reputation for delivering excellence in services for people with drug and alcohol dependency issues. Ideally, they are looking for a Nurse who has a background in either substance misuse, prison services or clinic/practice nursing. NO EXISTING PRISON CLEARANCE IS REQUIRED, THOUGH IS BENEFICIAL IF YOU ALREADY HAVE THIS.
- To manage and support junior staff and to ensure the highest professional clinical standards promoting safety for staff and prisoners.
- To ensure the healthcare regime is delivered in a safe and timely manner.
- To deputise for senior staff when required.
- To link and work closely with other agencies to ensure holistic shared care planning for prisoners
- To take responsibility for the assessment of individuals with healthcare needs including the development and implementation of care plans for all individuals as required.
- To develop confidence and competence to manage emergency response duties.
- To ensure medication is administered/dispensed as prescribed and in accordance with Medicines Management procedures.
- To competently carry out general nurse clinics and work with GP’s to ensure appropriate care.
- Refer patients appropriately to other disciplines with their consent.
- Comply with regulations in respect of the storage and administration of drugs in accordance with the Misuse of Drugs Act. (1973).
- Qualifications: RGN/RMN, RN Adult or RN Mental Health.
- Experience: Experience in Substance Misuse
- Compliance: NMC Pin, No existing prison clearance is required, though is beneficial if you already have this.
- Hours: Part time/Full time
- 25 days holiday plus 8 days bank holidays, this increases to 28 days plus 8 days bank holiday after 3 years of service. There is also the option to purchase up to an additional 5 days holiday.
- Maternity Pay – 12 weeks full pay reducing to 12 weeks half pay and bonus after 5 years service of 4 weeks pay.
- Sick pay Full pay for 4 weeks from 3 months service increasing with service length to full pay for 12 weeks with over 5 years service.
- Free on-site parking and free meals while on duty
- Long service award
- Free learning and development
- Childcare vouchers
- Access to Discounts – wide range of Holiday, travel and retail discounts
- Support in contributing ½ towards NMC fee’s
- Shift work – 12.5 hour shifts a day or nights every 3rd weekend
- Subsidised gym membership
Working with Criminal Justice:
Established in 2011, Seven Criminal Justice is a leading provider of Healthcare professionals to public and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of Healthcare; including Doctors, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Podiatrists, Paediatric Audiologists and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a medic who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Criminal Justice. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive medical jobs across the UK, please visit our website by searching ‘Seven Criminal Justice’ on Google, or call 0333 200 5424.