Sector: Criminal Justice
Consultant: Michele Dawson
Salary: £26500 - £26500
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Criminal Justice is looking for a Prison Pharmacy Technician in the Norfolk area.
The pharmacy department based provides professional support, advice and a supply service covering a prison population. The team is responsible for the management of its own budget and the staff work towards identifying and implementing initiatives to improve Medicines Management services for the prison population weighing up risk/benefit peculiar to this specialist population, and minimising risk whenever medicines are used. The candidate is required to provide a specialised prison pharmacy role within a challenging environment. There is a need to address complex issues and work alongside a client group with a variety of specific issues (e.g. mental health problems, substance misuse, behavioural and language issues).
- Providing support to the Pharmacy Manager by overseeing the delivery of a legal, efficient and high quality pharmaceutical service to the prison/s as required in accordance with the General Pharmaceutical Council’s Code of Ethics.
- Providing a comprehensive pharmaceutical advice and support service to the prison/s. This includes undertaking clinical medication reviews and encouraging an in-possession policy in line with the recommendations of ‘A pharmacy service for prisoners’
- Working with SystmOne to ensure the completion of all clinical checks of all prescriptions and, working with ACT technicians to ensure that all prescriptions undergo adequate checking for accuracy and before leaving the pharmacy.
- Supporting the development of strategy to promote and support innovation in Medicines Management within the prison e.g. clinical governance and risk
- Working in accordance with prison policies and procedures to minimize risks and to promote the health and safety of staff and patients
- Liaising with the Pharmacy Manager and the Lead Pharmacist for prisons to ensure continuity and consistency of service across the Prisons.
- Providing pharmaceutical advice to staff working at all levels within the organisation
- Provide professional support to the technical staff working within the department.
- Qualifications: Pharmacist registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council.
- Experience: Evidence of continued professional development, knowledge of national guidance in specific clinical areas, familiarity of DoH publication and the RCGP publication.
- Compliance: Proof to live and work in the UK.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: FULL TIME, permanent.
Working with Seven Criminal Justice:
Established in 2011, Seven Criminal Justice is a leading provider of staff to Local Authorities, Prisons, Probation Services, Charities and Private Organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of criminal justice; including Youth Justice, Probation, Recovery, Rehabilitation, Psychology, Nursing and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Prison Pharmacy Technician who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Criminal Justice. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.