Sector: Criminal Justice
Consultant: Mark Sturman
Salary: £26 - £28
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Criminal Justice is looking for a qualified Probation Officer to fill an exclusive opportunity within a leading probation Community Rehabilitation Company (CRC) in Worcester.
You will have the opportunity to work with service users in the community offering a variety of approaches to managing people through their order with the aim to reduce reoffending. This role includes the management of service users, risk assessments, report preparation for court and general caseload management.
- To supervise offenders in line with service standards, providing offender management and interventions which aim to reduce risks of harm and re-offending.
- To enforce orders and licences, prepare breach reports and attend court to present evidence if required.
- To work effectively with prisons in order to support the end to end management of offenders within prisons and the community.
- To organise and complete records of supervision and provide monitoring information, maintaining and using up to date administrative and information systems/technology. In line with service standards, policies and procedures.
- To contribute to offender learning activity requirements and other accredited programmes as relevant to your role.
- To take on specific responsibilities, representing the Service in maintaining links with external organisations identified as relevant to the achievement of service and team objectives.
- To participate in and contribute to supervision, performance appraisal and training programmes.
- To attend and participate in team meetings, contributing to the maintenance and development of the team and its performance.
- Qualifications: DipPS, DipSW, CQSW or equivalent probation/social work qualification.
- Experience: 2+ years working as a Probation Officer in the UK.
- Compliance: Up to date DBS is required.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Criminal Justice:
Established in 2011, Seven Criminal Justice is a leading provider of staff to Local Authorities, Prisons, Probation Services, Charities and Private Organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of criminal justice; including Youth Justice, Probation, Recovery, Rehabilitation, Psychology, Nursing and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Probation Officer who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Criminal Justice. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive Probation Officer jobs across the UK, please visit our website by searching ‘Seven Criminal Justice’ on Google, or call 0333 200 5424.