Sector: Criminal Justice
Consultant: Kelvin Ryan
Salary: £19 - £19
Job Status: Contract / Full Time
Seven Criminal Justice is looking for a Probation Service Officer to fill an exclusive opportunity in Ipswich.
As a Probation Officer, you’ll manage offenders in order to protect the public and reduce the incidence of reoffending. You’ll work with offenders in courts, in the community and in custody to make communities safer. You interact with offenders, victims, police and prison service colleagues on a regular basis. You’ll work closely with relevant statutory and voluntary agencies and may also manage approved residential premises for offenders and ex-prisoners.
- To support vulnerable people who access the wellbeing service, with independent living skills.
- To assist the service user meet needs and identified actions following their Trusted Assessment, enabling the service users to remain/become more independent.
- To assist service users to meet longer- term objectives in respect of independence, e.g. adhering to a payment plan, completing a training course, accessing their community, maintaining their home etc.
- To support service users to improve their social networks/reduce social isolation and to access community resources.
- Negotiate and secure the commitment of other agencies to provide ongoing and/or specialist support (e.g. CAB, DWP, Adult Care and Occupational therapists), recording their involvement in the action plan.
- Experience: 2+ years working as a Probation Service Officer in the UK.
- Qualifications: DipPS, DipSW, CQSW or equivalent probation/social work qualification.
- Compliance: Up to date DBS is required.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Criminal Justice:
Established in 2011, Seven Criminal Justice is a leading provider of staff to Local Authorities, Prisons, Probation Services, Charities and Private Organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of criminal justice; including Youth Justice, Probation, Recovery, Rehabilitation, Psychology, Nursing and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Probation Officer who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Criminal Justice. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.