Sector: Criminal Justice
Consultant: Kelvin Ryan
Salary: £19 - £21
Job Status: Contract / Full Time
Seven Criminal Justice is looking for a Probation Service Officer to fill an exclusive opportunity in Poole.
As a Probation Officer, you’ll manage offenders in order to protect the public and reduce the incidence of reoffending. You’ll work with offenders in courts, in the community and in custody to make communities safer. You interact with offenders, victims, police and prison service colleagues on a regular basis. You’ll work closely with relevant statutory and voluntary agencies and may also manage approved residential premises for offenders and ex-prisoners.
- To support vulnerable people who access the wellbeing service, with independent living skills.
- To assist the service user meet needs and identified actions following their Trusted Assessment, enabling the service users to remain/become more independent.
- To assist service users to meet longer- term objectives in respect of independence, e.g. adhering to a payment plan, completing a training course, accessing their community, maintaining their home etc.
- To support service users to improve their social networks/reduce social isolation and to access community resources.
- Negotiate and secure the commitment of other agencies to provide ongoing and/or specialist support (e.g. CAB, DWP, Adult Care and Occupational therapists), recording their involvement in the action plan.
- Experience: 2+ years working as a Probation Service Officer in the UK.
- Qualifications: DipPS, DipSW, CQSW or equivalent probation/social work qualification.
- Compliance: Up to date DBS is required.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Criminal Justice:
We have been helping criminal justice professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK criminal justice, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.