Sector: Criminal Justice
Consultant: Sophia Bliss
Salary: £22 - £22
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Criminal Justice is looking for a Probation Service Officer to fill an exclusive opportunity in Newcastle Upon Tyne.
As a Probation Service Officer, you will work directly with service users managing, supervising and enforcing Court Orders and post custody license periods. You will assess the risk service users pose to the public and identify service user needs to achieve community reintegration. You will also monitor their progress, to help service users to achieve successful completion of court orders and post custodial supervision periods.
- Have the ability to form constructive and appropriate relationships.
- Be able to motivate people to change, often in the face of setbacks.
- Be required to demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate sound judgement, and an ability to resolve complex problems.
- Have experience of working with service users.
- Have the ability to be assertive when necessary and be resilient when faced with challenging behaviour and competing demands.
- Be able to use a range of IT packages to keep records, make assessments and manage risk.
- Experience: 2+ years and a good knowledge of local services for service users.
- Compliance:Up to date DBS is required.
- Travel: UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: Negotiable hours.
Working with Seven Criminal Justice:
Established in 2011, Seven Criminal Justice is a leading provider of staff to Local Authorities, Prisons, Probation Services, Charities and Private Organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of criminal justice; including Youth Justice, Probation, Recovery, Rehabilitation, Psychology, Nursing and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Probation Service Officer who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Criminal Justice. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive Probation Service Officer jobs across the UK, please visit our website by searching ‘Seven Criminal Justice’ on Google.