Sector: Criminal Justice
Consultant: Gurmail Singh
Salary: £31000 - £39000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
A Local Authority requires a Youth Offending Practitioner for their youth Offending Team in the North London. As the Youth Offending Practitioner, you will be working closely to prevent offending and reduce the re-offending young people.
What is on offer:
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Onsite Parking
- Generous Annual Leave
- Pension Scheme
- Relocation Package
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To proactively support the embedding of a restorative approaches across the services working with children and young people in community settings.
- You will support the delivery and development of high quality restorative justice practice contributing to reducing offending, increased victim satisfaction and community confidence.
- You will support the development and co-ordination of referral panels and a range of community reparation projects for young people subject to Court Orders.
- You will support the co-ordination of volunteers to support young people and, where appropriate, wider work with vulnerable young people such as referral panels, reparation supervision and mentoring.
- Undertake and participate within training and development
- A recognised Social Work qualification (Degree/DipSW/CQSW)
- A valid HCPC registration
- Significant experience of working as a Qualified Social Worker within Children and Families teams
- Significant experience within Court work and Children Protection Teams
- An excellent knowledge and understanding of the current legislation and frameworks relevant to Children Social Care, Youth Offending
- As the Youth Offending Practitioner, you must hold a full UK Driving Licence and have access to a vehicle to travel to other areas
If you would like to apply to be our next Youth Offending Practitioner, please follow the instructions on this website, or alternatively contact Gurmail Singh on 0333 200 5424 or via email [email protected] for further information.