Sector: Criminal Justice
Consultant: Gurmail Singh
Salary: £40000 - £40000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Criminal Justice are currently looking for a Senior Probation Practitioner (PO Band 5) to work full-time or part-time based in any probation office within London.
We are recruiting Senior Probation Practitioners across offices throughout London to provide quality service delivery as a Probation Officer within a team. Within this role you’ll hold a full caseload and be required to deliver high quality outcomes against the Q&P Quality Indicators. Additionally, you’ll be required to support facilitate team Peer Group Learning, and support your peers within your office by being the ‘leading example’ on quality.
The salary for this Senior Probation Practitioner will be £40,000
- Facilitate Peer Group Learning within the team
- Support uplift of quality throughout team via continuous professional development, Leading new practice initiatives, devising and developing workshops and mentoring/coaching of quality practice
- Assessing the risk of harm presented by offenders
- Producing a sentence plan to manage risk and address needs
- Monitoring and co-ordinating the implementation of the sentence plan much of which may be implemented by others
- Taking enforcement action where the offender does not comply
- Assessing which offenders’ needs should be addressed to reduce the risk of re-offending and what steps need to be taken to reduce any risk of harm
- Working with offenders to analyse their behaviour
- Risk Management including balancing the needs of the offender against the safety and concerns of victims and the community
- Determining sentence plans including programmes of intervention designed to reduce the risk of re-offending in the future
- Sentence implementation including arranging interventions designed to meet sentence requirements and plans
- Database and record management;
- Meeting regularly with a varied caseload of offenders from the beginning to the end of their programmes
- Liaison with Criminal Justice Agencies and related bodies including provision of reports to court
- Qualifications: You must be a qualified Probation officer to be eligible for this post
- Experience: Minimum of 2 years work as a PO
- Hours: Full time or Part-time
Working with Seven Criminal Justice:
Established in 2011, Seven Criminal Justice is a leading provider of staff to Local Authorities, Prisons, Probation Services, Charities and Private Organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of criminal justice; including Youth Justice, Probation, Recovery, Rehabilitation, Psychology, Nursing and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Substance Misuse Nurse Prescriber who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Criminal Justice. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.