Sector: Criminal Justice
Consultant: Jim Garwood
Salary: £90000 - £100000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
- Engaging with people who have drug & alcohol substance misuse problems and providing them with general healthcare and general mental health assessments and contribute to the development of individual care plans.
- Provide specialist prescribing assessments to opiate, stimulant, tranquilizer, barbiturate and alcohol dependent clients.
- Initiate appropriate prescribing regimes to clients in line with national legislation and national and local guidance.
- Provide medical management and reviews of prescribed clients
- Provide sound evidence-based clinical practice to facilitate effective treatment decisions.
- Work with other team members to ensure effective administration in terms of record keeping, discharge summaries and correspondence to other relevant bodies. Work with management team to ensure all paperwork is regularly audited.
- Conduct phlebotomy tests and support nursing team in ensuring that the maximum number of service users are tested for BBVs and vaccinated against Hepatitis A and B.
- Be an active part of the management team to ensure service and organisational goals are met and that clinical standards are kept high.
- Dispensing of medication and supervised consumption.
- Support nursing team to titrate patients safely on to a treatment regime and ensure that procedures are constantly reviewed to promote best evidenced based practice in accordance with CGL’s clinical guidelines.
- Support nursing team to offer wound care assessment and basic wound dressing to patients.
- Promote understanding in relation to working with individuals suffering from addiction problems.
- Develop, review and audit care plans, provide health education especially in regard to harm minimisation, blood borne viruses and overdose prevention.
- Provide training, advice and support to other clinical staff to ensure safe and effective service delivery.
- 2-3 Years minimum experience of substance misuse/addictions psychiatry.
- Experience of working with substance misuse including alcohol and mental health issues and a clear understanding of the need for and ability to deliver quality services.
- Be a qualified medical doctor to a minimum of staff grade.
- Sound and demonstrable knowledge of clinical prescribing issues.
- Sound and demonstrable knowledge and understand of addiction.
- Knowledge of the issues facing substance misusers including appropriate medical interventions, social care and health issues.