Sector: Criminal Justice
Consultant: Gurmail Singh
Salary: £65000 - £90000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven are recruiting for a Speciality Doctor in Addictions
• Medical Degree and completion of Basic Medical Training
• Full GMC- UK Registration with License to Practice
• Over 3 years experience working in Substance Misuse as specialty doctor
• Demonstrable experience of ability to work independently with minimal consultant supervision
• Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team setting and with other Agencies
• Evidence of participation in Clinical Audit
• MRCPsych or equivalent post-graduate qualification (Desirable)
• Section 12 approved (Desirable)
The postholder will be required to work in the West Yorkshire area, including an inpatient detox unit and community services. You will be required to offer clinical supervision to the services’ NMPs.
You will undertake both physical and psychiatric assessments to a range of substance misusers attending the services, and will work with the MDT to deliver individual treatment plans. You will regularly review and monitor the patients’ progress including reviewing the results of clinical tests undertaken. You will provide assessments for those using opiates, stimulants, alcohol dependant service users and those using psychoactive substances and prescribe in line with national and local guidelines. You should be able to use evidence-based practice to determine effective treatment decisions and support the nursing team in conducting tests to ensure the maximum number of service users are tested for BBVs and vaccinated accordingly.
You will be a key part of the management team and partly responsible for ensuring both the organisation and service goals are met while maintaining the highest clinical standards.
To be suitable for this vacancy you will:
– Have a good understanding and knowledge of addiction psychiatry including management of opioid substitution treatment, opioid and alcohol detox and post detox pharmacology
– Have knowledge of legislation relating to mental health and an understanding of the work of other agencies in this sector
– Have experience of working within substance misuse and mental health issues
– Have sound knowledge of clinical prescribing issues
– Have knowledge of the issues facing individuals with addictions
If you would like to apply, please follow the instructions on this website, or alternatively contact Gurmail Singh on 0300 200 5424 or via email [email protected]