Sector: Criminal Justice
Consultant: Michele Dawson
Salary: £25 - £25
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Criminal Justice is looking for a Substance Misuse Nurse based in the Manchester area. If you are interested in this position then apply now.
In this role your main responsibility is to provide care for the physical and mental health needs of offenders in line with professional, contractual and company requirements. Working as a Substance Misuse Nurse you will be providing the highest quality of nursing care to a client group with drug and alcohol misuse issues. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of nursing.
- You will provide, and supervise the delivery of high standards of nursing care.
- Supporting service users affected by drug and alcohol use to achieve and sustain their recovery.
- Optimizing health and well-being of the clients.
- To continuously asses the psychosocial needs of patient. This may include providing primary care interventions such as general medication dispensing and general health screening.
- To be familiar with all aspects of security and safety, consistent with working within a custodial framework and ensure that positive and effective communication links exist between themselves, prison staff, NC DART, community teams/services and any other agency in meeting the needs of this client group.
- Undertake assessments of detainees to identify physical and mental health needs and determine the appropriate level of intervention, care and management.
- Qualifications: Registered nurse with the NMC.
- Experience: 2+ years’ post-registration experience and 1+ year working within substance misuse treatment.
- Compliance: Poof to live and work in the UK.
- Travel: The ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: Full time, Monday – Friday, 3 months contract.
Working with Seven Criminal Justice:
Established in 2011, Seven Criminal Justice is a leading provider of staff to Local Authorities, Prisons, Probation Services, Charities and Private Organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of criminal justice; including Youth Justice, Probation, Recovery, Rehabilitation, Psychology, Nursing and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Substance Misuse Nurse who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Criminal Justice. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.