Sector: Criminal Justice
Consultant: Gurmail Singh
Salary: £38000 - £42000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Criminal Justice is looking for a Substance Misuse Nurse Prescriber to fill an exclusive opportunity within a leading addictions service in Gloucestershire.
As a Substance Misuse Nurse Prescriber, you will be directed by the NMP Lead, Assistant Medical Director and the Service’s Medical Lead, the post holder will be an integral member of a multi-disciplinary and multi-agency team delivering recovery orientated alcohol and drug intervention services.
- Offer care for presenting clients;
- Initiate prescribing of and/or make amendments to prescriptions of opiate and/or alcohol substitute treatments and other related medications;
- Take a lead role in developing the prescribing clinic, acting as a point of contact for other workers and partner agencies around prescribing issues.
- Assess, diagnose, plan; implement and evaluate treatment/interventions and care for service users.
- Clinically assess service user needs and plan clinical care accordingly.
- Diagnose and manage on an individual needs basis, integrating both drug and nondrug based treatment methods into a management plan, in conjunction with the Recovery Coordinator.
- Identify and assess suitability of service users for in-patient alcohol and opioid detoxification as appropriate.
- Proactively review and manage clinical treatment plans of the service user.
- Prescribe and review medication for therapeutic effectiveness appropriate to service user needs and in accordance with evidence-based practice and national and local protocols, and within scope of practice.
- Work with service users to support concordance to prescribed treatments.
- Provide information and advice on prescribed, illicit and over-the-counter medication, including side-effects and interactions.
- Prioritise health problems and intervene appropriately to assist the service user in complex, urgent or emergency situations seeking immediate advice and direction from the Clinical Lead if needed.
- Assess, identify and refer patients presenting with mental health needs.
- Assess, update and refer service users for BBV vaccination and immunisation programmes. Support service users to adopt health promotion strategies that promote healthy lifestyles.
- Qualifications: Qualified Non-Medical Prescriber. Qualified pharmacist with current GPhC registration and two years’ post qualification experience OR First level registered nurse with a current PIN.
- Experience: Three years post qualification experience.
- Experience of contributing to project development.
- Hours: Full time
Working with Seven Criminal Justice:
Established in 2011, Seven Criminal Justice is a leading provider of staff to Local Authorities, Prisons, Probation Services, Charities and Private Organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of criminal justice; including Youth Justice, Probation, Recovery, Rehabilitation, Psychology, Nursing and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Substance Misuse Nurse Prescriber who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Criminal Justice. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.