Sector: Criminal Justice
Consultant: Gurmail Singh
Salary: £34000 - £35000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Criminal Justice are looking for an Substance Misuse Nurse to fill an exclusive opportunity within a Prison Service in Ashford, Middlesex. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced RGN or RMN to join a substance misuse service within a secure environment. They are currently looking for a RGM or RMN who has a positive attitude, that is willing to learn and understand the treatment process.
As a Substance Misuse Nurse (RGN or RMN) you will be joining a national service with a reputation for delivering excellence in services for people with drug and alcohol dependency issues. Ideally, they are looking for a Nurse who has a background in either substance misuse, prison services or clinic/practice nursing. NO EXISTING PRISON CLEARANCE IS REQUIRED, THOUGH IS BENEFICIAL IF YOU ALREADY HAVE THIS.
- Assess the drug treatment needs of new arrivals/transfers and those currently in custody.
- To provide advice on a range of health and harm reduction issues to drug misusers.
- To safely promote the generic health needs of patients with drug misuse issues and refer on to appropriate services when required.
- To check essential first night needs are met such as physical and psychological needs, including all essential medical care.
- To provide a safe and accurate full comprehensive substance misuse assessment of patients’ drug treatment needs in collaboration with the Lead Substance Misuse GP and Recovery Workers team using evidence based research.
- To safely and effectively carry out appropriate clinical and prison ACCT risk assessment regarding the patient’s drug treatment and mental health issues thereby implementing appropriate interventions to manage the risks.
- To make recommendations and identify the patient’s drug treatment needs in developing their integrated treatment plan.
- To administer and supervise the consumption of controlled drug medication as prescribed to patients of the service in line with the service / Prison Protocols.
- To monitor daily progress of those in first week of treatment and less frequently for those no longer assessed as needing frequent individual contact in line with substance misuse service protocols.
- To safely and effectively manage the treatment plans for substance misuse patients.
- To demonstrate an understanding of the diverse needs of different nationals and genders.
- To promote clinical governance by complying with agreed Prison policies and clinical guidance, while maintaining own clinical competencies in this role.
- Qualifications: First level registered nurse with recent relevant post qualification (RMN or RGN)
- Experience: Experience in Substance Misuse
- Compliance: NMC Pin, No existing prison clearance is required, though is beneficial if you already have this.
- Hours: Full time
- 25 days holiday plus 8 days bank holidays, this increases to 28 days plus 8 days bank holiday after 3 years of service. There is also the option to purchase up to an additional 5 days holiday.
- Maternity Pay – 12 weeks full pay reducing to 12 weeks half pay and bonus after 5 years service of 4 weeks pay.
- Sick pay Full pay for 4 weeks from 3 months service increasing with service length to full pay for 12 weeks with over 5 years service.
- Free on-site parking and free meals while on duty
- Long service award
- Free learning and development
- Childcare vouchers
- Access to Discounts – wide range of Holiday, travel and retail discounts
- Support in contributing ½ towards NMC fee’s
- We use a team based self-rostering rota system- You will schedule your hours to cover on average 37.5 hours per week. You also work alternate weekends and you will cover a set on 1 week night shift on a 16 weeks rolling rota schedule and you will get 1 week off following your nights.
- Staff will be allocated to attend training according to identified training needs and is based on skills gap analysis and service needs and e.g. Training to run Asthma Clinic, Diabetic clinics, sexual health clinics, Cervical screening clinics, phlebotomy, wound care.
- There is gym on site which staff can attend on their free times and you can also have subsidised gym membership in the community
Working with Criminal Justice:
Established in 2011, Seven Criminal Justice is a leading provider of Healthcare professionals to public and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of Healthcare; including Doctors, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Podiatrists, Paediatric Audiologists and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a medic who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Criminal Justice. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive medical jobs across the UK, please visit our website by searching ‘Seven Criminal Justice’ on Google, or call 0333 200 5424.