Sector: Criminal Justice
Consultant: Jim Garwood
Salary: £26000 - £31000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Substance Misuse Nurse (RMN / RGN) – NIGHT SHIFT!!
Implement the service’s policies and procedures in order to deliver the successful medical detox from alcohol + substances.
Provide key work and support planning for service users to help successful completion of their detoxification programme.
Provide appropriate nursing and psychosocial interventions, including group work programme, administering medication and supervising the physical withdrawal of service users within appropriate clinical governance frameworks
To maintain an environment whereby service users are given choice and involved as much as possible in their treatment and service provision.
Assist service users to identify their aftercare options and liaise with Care Managers to ensure that service users have appropriate arrangements in place.
Monitor service users’ health care and wellbeing needs throughout the detoxification process, arranging referrals to GP and/or providing personal care interventions as required.
Maintain a standard of care as required by Purchasers, CQC and the client in order to deliver a safe and effective service.
- Tier 4 treatment service provision
- Recovery focused service provision
- Experience of providing a detoxification service to people with substance misuse problems
- Experience of providing a group work programme to service users.
- Support planning, key-working and risk assessment + risk planning / actions
- First level RN qualification
- Up to date certification in anaphylaxis, inoculations, First Aid & CPR
- Knowledge of CQC outcomes framework
- Knowledge of relevant NICE and DoH guidance and protocols
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Knowledge of regulatory frameworks for social care and treatment
The client is looking for a highly capable and motivated Nurses who will be able to help carry out the day to day running of a busy 26 bed residential drug and alcohol detox unit. If you are dynamic and driven with an attention to detail, ability to problem solve and can relate to this client group then this could be the perfect role for you.