Sector: Criminal Justice
Consultant: Gurmail Singh
Salary: £29000 - £32000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Criminal Justice have an exciting new opportunity available in Manchester within a prison service for those affected by Substance Misuse. Our client is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic RGN or RMN who is able to work within a secure environment.
To provide nursing care for patients accessing specialist substance misuse services in HMPs to include treatment, harm reduction, BBV testing, screening and patient education. All interventions delivered must be recovery focused, integrated, and effective and delivered to a high standard.
- Ensure a high standard of clinical care for patients under your management and support other members of the team to do likewise.
- To be professionally and legally responsible and accountable for all aspects of your own work including the management of patients in your care.
- Provide nursing treatment to patients in participation with Clinicians or independently agreed protocols.
- To undertake full clinical assessments and manage the health needs, planning, delivery and evaluation of care in conjunction with Medical Clinicians, Healthcare and other departments such as Mental Health, Gym and security.
- Assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate treatment/interventions and care for patients presenting with substance misuse issues.
- Proactively identify, diagnose and manage treatment plans for patients at risk of developing a long-term condition (as appropriate).
- Diagnose and manage both acute and chronic conditions, integrating both drug- and nondrug-based treatment methods into a recovery plan via a regular audit cycle.
- To manage the Controlled Drugs process in line with the Standard Operating Procedure for Controlled Drugs.
- Administer medication in accordance with Prison and Trust Policy Guidelines, acknowledging the importance of security within the prison environment.
- Support blood borne virus clinics including pre screening advice and screening re: Hepatitis A & B and Hepatitis C testing.
- To maintain accurate, comprehensive and up to date documentation in line with the NMC Code of Conduct, NMC Guidelines on Medicines Management and the NMC Guidelines on Record Keeping and any relevant prison service requirements.
- To accurately assimilate and interpret clinical information about patient, instigate appropriate remedial action and promptly record changes on electronic clinical record.
- Qualifications: A Registered Nurse (RMN or RGN) qualification
- Experience: Substance misuse experience.
- Hours: Full time 37.5 hours per week
Working with Seven Criminal Justice:
Established in 2011, Seven Criminal Justice is a leading provider of staff to Local Authorities, Prisons, Probation Services, Charities and Private Organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of criminal justice; including Youth Justice, Probation, Recovery, Rehabilitation, Psychology, Nursing and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Substance Misuse Nurse Prescriber who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Criminal Justice. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.