Sector: Criminal Justice
Consultant: George Owen
Salary: £32000 - £32000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Criminal Justice is looking for a Team Manager to provide a high quality accommodation based support service to single homeless customers with complex support needs.
You will lead and direct staff, ensuring that they are supported to deliver the highest standards of service delivery to residents and customers. Provide a delivery of a contract compliant service that meets key performance indicators and remains relevant to the Borough’s homelessness strategy. We also require that you can demonstrate sound financial management of the service budget.
- To recruit, manage and lead staff ensuring that they are trained in their duties and undergo annual appraisal of their performance
- To set clear expectations of quality standards, work plans and targets for staff. Ensure staff performance is monitored through monthly supervision, identifying and taking action on training and development needs as appropriate
- To undertake probationary assessments and annual appraisal within specified time frames
- To manage capability, disciplinary, probationary and grievance procedures effectively and in line with procedure
- To ensure all staff complete organisational and local induction
- To manage sickness absence and other absence in line with policy and procedure
- To ensure all customers have a valid tenure and are inducted into the service, emphasising their rights and responsibilities
- To effectively manage rent arrears, voids and maximise income
- To ensure all maintenance issues are progressed using the maintenance systems
- To ensure that all customers are provided with a high quality person centred service
- To ensure customers views impact on the design and delivery of the service.
- To ensure the service meets the contract specification, KPI’s and targets
- To produce accurate reports and data as requested and at specified intervals
- To produce an annual work plan for service improvement and development that aligns with the organisational values and mission
- To ensure that regular team meetings are held and minuted
- To ensure working patterns and staffing cover meet the needs of the service and comply with SP contracted hours
Liaison with outside agencies:
- Establish and maintain new and existing community services
- To monitor income and expenditure and ensure that the project keeps within set targets and income is maximised
- To participate in annual budget preparation and monthly income and expenditure analysis
- To work flexibly including evening or weekends where required.
- Any other duties within the scope of the post as directed by the Area Manager or other senior staff.
- Experience: Experience of leading and managing a housing management or support services operation. Experience of dealing directly with the public and/or customer or customers in a busy service environment. Experience of managing complex and difficult situations in relation to people. Experience of setting targets and taking remedial action where targets are not met.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Criminal Justice:
Established in 2011, Seven Criminal Justice is a leading provider of staff to Local Authorities, Prisons, Probation Services, Charities and Private Organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of criminal justice; including Youth Justice, Probation, Recovery, Rehabilitation, Psychology, Nursing and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Team Manager who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Criminal Justice. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.