Sector: Criminal Justice
Consultant: Aaron Hope
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
We require a temp Assistant Operations Manager in the Ipswich Youth Offending Team. This post is a full time position, ideally on a 3 month rolling contract to finish on 31 March 2018.
The SYOS Assistant Team Manager post has the following areas of responsibility:
– These posts are responsible for assisting the Operations Manager in the operational delivery of multi-agency teams and/or delivering specialist programmes and projects that address offending by children and young people eg; the Sexually Harmful Behaviour Service.
– The operational multi-agency teams offer a range of services to young people and their carers including structured intervention programmes, based on effective practice principles that aim to prevent offending risk of harm to others and anti-social behaviour
– The operational teams are staffed by a mix of employed and seconded staff from a range of partner agencies
– This includes staff line management responsibility for a minimum of 7 staff, including seconded staff from partner agencies and YOS Officer posts at grade 6 (below the bar)
– Lead responsibility for developing and maintaining local links with partners / stakeholders eg; police, probation, courts etc
– Lead responsibility for an area of practice and / or project delivery
– Responsibility for deputising in the absence of the Operations Manager and leading a multi-agency team
Additional Essential Person requirements for this role:
– In depth knowledge of risk of harm management practice and procedures
– In depth knowledge of reducing reoffending practice and procedures
– Experience in a criminal justice setting
If you would like to find out more information or apply please contact Aaron on 07520632917 or send an email to [email protected]’sevencriminaljustice.com.