Sector: Data Sciences
Consultant: Michele Dawson
Salary: £50000 - £70000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Data Science is looking for a Data Scientist in the Norwich area. Do you want to make a difference? Are you ready to lead the change and challenge the status quo? If so, we’d have pleasure in helping you make that next career move.
As a key member of the Enablement team you will be analysing and designing our product data to help shape the way our business is run in the future. You will work with the rest of the team to design and create attribution which will help shoppers discover products online.
- Work with data capture teams to understand operational processes and requirements and translate into data driven solutions
- Develop machine learning algorithms and models which can be applied to automate textual data content transformation, product attribute derivation and anomaly detection.
- Work with other development teams on using computer vision techniques to automatically detect the various types of information available on grocery products
- Conduct studies, tests and use advanced data mining and modelling techniques to build solutions that optimize the quality of the company’s data
- Help to build production-ready data pipelines and data products which can be integrated into line of business applications using APIs
- Support the business with Ad Hoc reporting requirements
- Share and document best practices
- Experience Strong experience in relevant data modelling and machine learning work experience with particular focus on Text classification and Natural Language processing
- Proven ability to develop and productionise machine learning systems would be beneficial
- Working experience with relational database management systems (RDBMS) and non-relational database management systems and a strong knowledge of SQL
- Expert level knowledge of Python, R or other relevant programming language
- Strong English and communication skills; experience collaborating with and presenting to internal and external stakeholders with both low and high understanding of Data Science
- Passion for analysing and extracting meaning and value from large data sets
- In depth knowledge of the advanced techniques and tools common to the data science world such as Scikit-learn
- Qualifications: Degree
- Hours: 40 hrs per week
- Working with the global market leader in eCommerce content and data services
- To be part of a diverse and talented international team with the opportunity for personal and professional development
- Shape Nielsen Brandbank’s digital agenda in an evolving industry
- A growth culture with an entrepreneurial mindset supported by a world-leading operation
- Flexible and open to working a few days a week from home
Working with Seven Data Science:
Established in 2011, Seven Resourcing is a leading provider of staff to Data Science.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of Data Science.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Data Scientist who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Data Science. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role