Sector: Data Sciences
Consultant: Jamie Chittock
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Strong Remuneration Package
We are looking for skilled data scientists to work on leveraging data to keep our client ahead of the curve. Working on projects across their product portfolio and across different geographical entities, new challenges await every day! You’ll utilise your knowledge and their technology to drive profits in all parts of the Group, making suggestions for changes to processes and procedures.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, able to work well in a team and capable of delivering to agreed timelines. They will have demonstrated success in using analytics to drive insights into business problems and then turning these problems into strengths. They will be someone eager to shape the long-term data strategy across the Group, including new technologies and data sources.
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining and the presentation of data to identify opportunities on areas such as how our customers interact with us.
- Create islands of insight within the seas of data through the use of SAS, SQL and other tools, thus identifying levers to assist in moving key metrics.
- Work with Senior Manager’s to understand and solve problems by asking the right questions and delivering appropriate solutions.
- Inform, influence and support new products and initiatives across the Group.
- Identify and spread best practice across analytics teams servicing our international operations.
- Remain up to date with trends and developments in the wider analytics/data science community, to ensure knowledge, skills and abilities remain current.
Desired skills and experience
- Exposure to analytics within a commercial setting – preference for circa 2+ years’ experience in quantitative analysis and applied modelling in a commercial environment.
- MSc/PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Statistics, or other technical field.
- Expert knowledge of SAS, SPSS or R and SQL, or other programming languages and statistical packages.
- Experience with large data sets and distributed computing (Hadoop) a plus.
- Expertise in applied statistics and analytical models.
- Some development experience in scripting languages (e.g Python) an advantage, but not essential.
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance.
- Excellent communication skills with technical and non-technical audiences and a desire to work within a dynamic team in a demanding environment.
- Ability to confidently challenge business leaders using simple and compelling language.
- Experience in financial services is preferable, but any background is considered
For further information or to register your interest, please contact Jamie Chittock via email at: [email protected] or on 07852217851.
All applicants must eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship.