Sector: Data Sciences
Consultant: John Johnston
Salary: £30000 - £40000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
DYNAMIC NETWORK ENGINEER
Job function: Network Management
Main location: UK & Ireland-United Kingdom-Suffolk-Ipswich
Working pattern: Rotating
Closing date: Aug 2, 2018, 11:59:00 PM
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
Potential 24/7 shift working
In Network Operations we monitor and manage our dynamic networks and services, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. This includes our UK and global transmission networks, our UK core IP networks that serve our customers who use broadband, Ethernet and MEAS (mobile Ethernet access service – used by all UK mobile networks). We manage the company’s internet peering connections and services, Europe’s largest Wi-Fi network, the power and environmental services at all of our exchanges, as well as all of the internal IP networks serving staff and buildings around the globe.
We assure service to identify and deal with any problems before they impact service where possible. Where this is not possible, we react to failures that do occur, ensuring we communicate to our customers and stakeholders quickly, accurately and effectively, as well as ensure we get service restored for our customers as quickly as possible. For Ethernet, MEAS and private circuit customers (e.g. large businesses, mobile network providers, and other telecoms operators) we carry out diagnostic and repair activities on these specialist services. We do all of this to ensure our customers get a brilliant service experience today and in the future.
Most of the Dynamic Network Operations team carry out the day to day operational activities, working shifts, around the clock, in our state-of-the-art operations centre. We work closely with other teams, including field engineers, our customer facing units as well as other Dynamic Networks teams (such as design, technical services, etc.) and with our key external suppliers and equipment providers.
What you’ll be doing
This role is working as a part of the Dynamic Network Operations team to help our business deliver stand out service & excellent customer experience. The company and our customers rely on our team to keep their services providing a great experience to customers, 24 hours a day, every day. In order to keep improving, we need new perspectives, new ideas and a passion for customer experience.
- Working across our different front line operational & service teams to gain an understanding of our networks and services by using our tools & systems
- Working with our Field Engineering partners, vendors & communicating to stakeholders & customer in real-time to restore service
- Experience daily service incidents & operational requirements ensuring the surveillance, maintenance & restoration of service and follow through of all supporting activities
- An insight into how a large operational unit works and the responsibilities we have
We’ll also need to see these on your CV
- Strong team working skills
- Willingness to listen and learn, as well as to share ideas and experiences
- Focusing on the customer and customer experience
- Asking constructive and challenging questions to improve the way things are done
- Imaginative ideas and creative solutions
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That’s why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.