Sector: Data Sciences
Consultant: Jamie Chittock
Salary: £45000 - £65000
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Senior Model Risk Auditor
45,000 – 65,000 + benefits
The overall objective is to provide strong, independent assurance to the board, regulators and the Monitor that the Group Model Risk control framework, covering both 1st and 2nd Lines of defence, is designed and operating effectively.
- Operating, influencing and communicating effectively with stakeholders and other GBL INA colleagues.
- Build and manage stakeholder relationships throughout the audit process, i.e. regulators, monitor, Senior Management and Auditee.
- Continuously staying abreast of internal and external changes in the environment and providing a timely assessment to audit management.
- Understand the Group strategy and business/functions strategies, plan and operations objectives in order to focus Internal Audit’s work on the highest risks.
- Continuously enhancing both audit skills/capabilities and subject matter knowledge on a wide range of topics such to make a meaningful contribution on the business.
- Maintain Audit Quality standards in order to meets the expectations of Executive Management, Risk and Audit Committees and regulators.
- Developing more efficient and effective processes to conduct the audit.
Minimum Knowledge. Experience and Qualifications
- A master degree or higher in a quantitative subject or evidence of a very solid understanding of general statistical modelling principles, techniques, applications, data issues, economic intuition behind models and the associated practical modelling risks.
- Experience and aptitude in a number of technical areas, including credit risk modelling, Basel internal rating system development, Financial Crime Compliance models, Operational Risk modelling, financial mathematics, derivatives, analysis of market risk, econometric modelling, stress testing, scenario analysis, and actuarial modelling.
- At least 2 years of work experience in financial services, with deep knowledge or one or more businesses and products in which models are developed or applied: e.g., front-office trading desks, bank risk functions, risk consulting and insurance actuary.
- An understanding of major global regulatory frameworks and compliance requirements.
- Strong spoken and written English.
- Desirable to have a familiarity with common analytical software packages such as visual basic, SQL, SAS, R, and Matlab.
For further information or to register your interest, please contact Jamie Chittock via email at: [email protected] or on 07852217851.
All applicants must eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship.