Sector: Data Sciences
Consultant: Jamie Chittock
Salary: £600 - £700
Job Status: Contract / Full Time
Senior Pricing Analyst required for a leading international insurer. Working closely with underwriters, the sucessfull candidates will be experienced in developing and maintaining pricing tools and methodologies as well as assisting with technical pricing across specaiality lines. The successful candidate will work closely with key stakeholders across Europe and the US building rapport and gaining buy in within short time frames.
- Utilise a variety of software tools and data sources to analyse and assist the underwriting function.
- Analyse performance and advise on the underwriting and pricing of existing and proposed speciality lines across Europe and the US.
- Build fit for purpose predictive models to identify underlying drivers of claims cost, make appropriate rating recommendations and explain these and the methodologies involved in their production to the business.
- Produce output to agreed deadlines and required standards of accuracy.
- Work collaboratively within the Pricing and Actuarial Team and build relationships with zones / insurers, becoming a recognised, reliable contact for both internal and external customers
- Educated to degree level in a mathematical/statistical subject
- Experience in using SQL,SAS/
- Previous experience in an analytical role (desirable)
- Strong Microsoft Excel experience/knowledge
- An analytical approach with good logical reasoning skills
- Attention to detail is essential
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders
- Ability to understand and manipulate data