Sector: Data Sciences
Consultant: Franc Botha
Salary: £25500 - £26400
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
The QA Engineer will work hand in hand with developers, product owners and business stakeholders to help build a more streamline development life cycle that embraces the testing creed fully. We need someone who can write and review use cases and user stories, help build automation UI scripts, as well as help with the implementation of API and integration tests.
The QA Engineer will be involved in the complete process of developing new systems and projects and be part of the complete lifecycle, so they will be responsible for the implementation and execution of testing regimes through both manual exploratory testing as well as the maintenance of an automation framework.
- Work hand in hand with various internal and external stakeholders.
- Help oversee the preparation of user stories.
- Write test cases based of the business requirements.
- Help build testing strategies with the dev and business side of the company.
- Perform a variety of manual regression, smoke and exploratory testing.
- Build and help with the deployment of various automation scripts.
- Work with various developers to help design a full suite of testing procedures.
- Suggest new means of bug tracking.
- Perform investigative testing to determine the possible cause of new bugs.
- Liaise directly with developers or external 3rd parties to find solutions to various bugs.
- Help with the designing of dashboards for monitoring processes.
Skills and experience required:
- At least 3 years’ experience in online gambling at the required role level.
- An instinctual and experiential approach to product development, but a deep understanding of analytical and data-led approaches.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to engender trust and confidence in your audience, leading them on the journey with you.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English but knowledge of any other languages as an advantage.
- A very good team player.
- Knowledge of UI scripting with protractor and if possible with app UI scripting.
- Experience in writing and updating of user stories, use cases and tests scripts.
- Knowledge of black and white box testing.
- Knowledge of REST API testing tools such as soupUI and MStest.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus.
- Knowledge of load testing scripts such as Gatling and JMeter would be a great asset.
- Knowledge of Splunk would also be considered a great asset.
- Knowledge of unit testing through Mocha would also be considered a great asset.