Sector: Data Sciences
Consultant: John Johnston
Salary: £35000 - £60000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Our Group is looking for a Systems Engineer to work with our IT & Operations teams worldwide to develop & manage our growing IT infrastructure. The core objective is to contribute to our aggressive growth by assisting in the provision of a world-class IT infrastructure.
- Maintain, support and upgrade IT & Communications infrastructure & related software in-line with industry best-practice standards;
- Maintain private Cloud infrastructure and applications;
- Ensure infrastructure & process adherence to regulatory security requirements;
- Research, test, plan & implement new technologies across the group;
- Investigate, analyse & resolve system problems;
- Provide escalation support to Operations department for customer systems issues on an as-needs basis.
The minimum requirements are:
- 2+ years’ experience with VMWare/ VMWare Design
- Microsoft Windows Server & AD
- Experience working in a Windows and Linux environment
- Network skills e.g. LAN, VLAN, VPN, routing, firewalls
- Excellent analysis, planning, organisation & prioritisation skills
- Conscientious approach to work, assuming personal ownership of responsibilities & tasks
- Strong team player, keen on contributing to & improving the team.
The ideal candidate will have the following technical skills:
- VMWare vCentre planning, install & maintenance;
- Microsoft Windows Server Operating Systems, RemoteApp and Active Directory;
- Linux server Operating Systems;
- Network qualifications, such as Cisco CCNA;
- Firewall administration (Cisco, Palo Alto, Sonicwall).