Sector: Data Sciences
Consultant: Franc Botha
Salary: £55000 - £60000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
- Work within the Architecture team to collaborate on the overall architecture of IT systems.
- Work on the solution design for broad, highly-visible, strategic software development projects in an extremely complex and evolving technical and business environment.
- Provide and document solution designs for a variety of audiences and stakeholders
- Implement prototypes/spikes when necessary to prove a technology or approach is suited
- Provide high level estimates for projects to guide prioritisation and resource assignment
- Work closely with business analysts and business users on the definition and planning of software projects and user stories
- Work with the architecture team to define coding best practices and standards and provide guidance and governance to developers to ensure they are adhered to.
- Advocate Agile and DevOps best practice adoption so that we move towards CI/CD
- Participate in sprint planning to provide additional information on user stories to help the developers estimate the points
- Review the more complex/high risk code of developers to ensure the design is understood and being followed.
- Consult with internal and external customers and assist with pre-sales as required
- Excellent understanding of data and database design
- Good understanding of software architecture and design patterns
- Excited by technology, with up to date understanding of latest technologies
- Desire to learn new technologies
- Good experience in full systems development lifecycle
- Proven track record in working individually or as part of a team to deliver software solutions to meet customer needs
- Thorough and detailed approach with the ability to identify appropriate user/business solutions
- High experience of code reviews and coding standards
- Exposure to working on agile methodologies and using agile tools
- Good oral and written communication skills including problem solving, prioritizing and interpersonal relationship building.
- Proven ability to facilitate group discussion and build consensus
- Ability to effectively lead, influence and provide governance over the software development teams
- Experience with React
Excellent hands on technical skills across some or all of the Microsoft stack, specifically:
- .NET and C#
- ASP.NET, MVC, WCF, ASMX
- SQL Server, TSQL
Excellent hands on technical skills with the following key technologies:
- Unit Testing (NUnit, MSTest, Moq)
- XML, JSON
Good experience with most of the following Microsoft Azure resources:
- App and API Services
- Storage (Blobs, Tables and Queues)
- Service Bus, Event Hub, Event Grid
- Functions and Logic Apps
- Cosmos DB