Consultant: George Owen
Salary: £9 - £11
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Dentistry is looking for a Qualified Dental Nurse to work within an exceptional clinic in Sidmouth, Devon.
The dental nurse is there to assist the dentist with all clinical aspects within the surgery. They should adopt proficient surgery procedures, ensuring the best utilisation of surgery time. Provide excellent patient care, maintain cross infection control, equipment and materials. Adhering to at all times systems and protocols in line with company strategy, goals and values.
- Assist patient into surgery, settle them in the chair and prepare them for treatment.
- Provide patient with personal protective equipment.
- Produce instruments and materials as necessary during treatment.
- Provide chairside assistance during all dental procedures.
- Ensure all lab work is checked and available prior to patients arrival.
- Develop and file all x-rays, whilst adhering to the relevant safety procedures.
- Maintain a clean environment during surgery. Cleaning and sterilising instruments after each patient, adhering to the company policy on cross infection.
- Ensure all clinical waste is disposed of in the appropriate manner compliant with current regulations.
- Escort the patient from the surgery and when necessary to the reception area.
- Ensure all equipment is maintained as per manufacturers instructions and are cleaned appropriately.
- Ensure use of checklists provided which clearly outline a schedule of daily and weekly tasks.
- Switch equipment on in the morning and ensure it is switched off again at the end of each working session.
- Ensure that adequate stocks of expendable drugs, materials and instruments are available.
- Ensure that all repairs are reported promptly to the practice manager.
- Qualifications: GDC registered, NEBDN or Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing.
- Experience: Experience working in a surgery environment is desirable.
- Compliance: CPD registered. IT literate.
- Travel: Ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Dentistry:
Established in 2011, Seven Dentistry is a leading provider of dental professionals to public and private practices across the UK. We provide both locum and permanent solutions, working with dentists and dental staff across all levels.
Seven Dentistry is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of dentistry; including Practice Managers, Associate Dentists, Dental Nurses, Dental Hygienists, Orthodontists and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Dental Nurse who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Dentistry. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.