Consultant: Josh Hitter
Salary: £15000 - £25000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Job Title Dental Nurse Trainer
Dental Nurse Trainer
This Job description is drafted as a guide to the work required. This role may require other duties in line with business needs.
An opportunity for an experienced dental nurse trainer to cover practices in the mixed practice group. A Dental Nurse Trainer is a qualified dental care Professional with minimum 5year teaching experience. They will provide training and support to all practice teams to ensure that they are competent and informed and sign off trainee dental nurses as competent following their initial phase of training. They will provide support to all trainee nurses though out their training to their final qualification to NEBDN.They will also provide a online teaching course to theTrainee nurses. They will make regular visits to all practices to ensure that high standards are maintained throughout the company and to identify and address any weaknesses
The Dental Nurse trainer will ensure that all dental nurses in the practices are working under GDC guidelines.
They will complete regular observations/ reviews on all Dental nurses in the business.
Role and duties include
- Complete induction of all new trainee dental nurses in the clinical environment
- Ensure that all trainee dental nurses are visited on a weekly basis or that an identified registered dental nurse is available to support
- Provide one to one training of trainee dental nurses as required.
- Deliver training to practice teams as required.
- To create and run an online teaching programme for dental nurses
- To observe practices and procedures with regard to nursing within the practice and make recommendations on the same to Practice Managers and Training Manager as appropriate
- Devise and deliver short presentations in staff /team meeting
- Review and report back regarding any difficulties with training
- Become familiar with all requirements to ensure compliance among trainees
- Assisting prior to inspections if required.
- Maintain and update your own knowledge and skills (CPD) in line with company and GDC
- Undertake training identified as relevant to the position
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of legislation relevant to training of the dental nurse team and PCT/CQC requirements
Job Type: Temporary
- Valid GDC registration
- Level5 teaching qualification