Consultant: Sean Seddon
Salary: £30000 - £40000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
.JOB PURPOSE SUMMARY: To contribute to the development of a strong, effective school with an emphasis on promoting a culture of educational excellence, within a caring and secure environment enriched with the values of discipline, mutual care and respect which extends beyond the school into the wider community. This position would suit an inspiring, energetic, experienced, organised and highly effective teacher looking for greater responsibility and an opportunity for leadership. The successful candidate would work with the Head of Department to continue to offer initiatives and experience while being responsible for a smaller share. The Second in the Science Department will work in conjunction with the Head of Department to provide both leadership and management. With the Head of Science, the Second in Department will lead by example in developing schemes of work, instituting enrichment and extra-curricular activities, and working towards even greater success in the students’ progress and experiences and the Department’s position within school life.
- A degree qualification in relevant subject.
- Qualified Teacher Status or working towards qualification.
- Evidence of Continuous Professional Development.
- Track record of delivering ‘outstanding’ teaching.
- Successful delivery of sustained outstanding attainment and achievement.
- Innovation and creativity to engage, enthuse and progress learners.
- Partnership and team working.
- Ability to teach to GCSE standard.
- Ability to deliver effective and outstanding learning and teaching in the classroom.
- Ability to deliver the highest standards of classroom and behaviour management.
- Knowledge of curricula, specifications and assessment criteria in main subject area.
- Ability to prioritise conflicting demands
- Ability to set clearly articulated targets, to track progress and adopt strategies towards achieving them.
- Ability to use ICT and technology in the classroom to deliver engaging lessons and monitor student progress effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively, articulately and sensitively with a range of groups and individuals.
- Ability to provide pastoral support to young people in a form group setting.
- Commitment to delivering after-school and pre-exam sessions as required as well as enrichment opportunities for learners.
- Highly organised, literate and articulate.
- A passionate belief in the school’s mission statement.
- A strong belief in the value of education in developing citizens.
- Highest levels of professional and personal integrity.
- A strong commitment to inclusion and overcoming barriers to learning and achievement.
- Personal resilience, persistence and perseverance.
- Commitment to the pursuit of continuous professional development by oneself and others.
- Sympathetic to and supportive of the Muslim faith, ethos and designation of the school.
- Ability to teach A Level standard