Consultant: Levi Behan
Salary: £28000 - £32000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Education is looking for an Assistant Educational Psychologist to work as a Permanent member of staff within an established and respected local authority in East London.
Applying psychology to improve outcomes for children and young people with SEN and additional educational needs.Using family and child centred approaches to working in partnership with Educational Psychologists ( EPs), parents and children with SEN/AEN, embracing the principles of Early Support.Contributing to the provision and development of an effective, high quality Educational Psychology Service.
- Contribute positively and in a complimentary way to service delivery, working under the supervision of an Educational Psychologist.
- Support the provision of statutory and traded educational psychology services to a local area.
- Develop and apply knowledge and skills in assessment, monitoring and tracking progress of children and young people with SEN/LDD 0 – 25 years of age, including knowledge of evidence based best practice.
- Provide interventions in schools and other settings as directed by the supervising EP.
- Ensure up to date knowledge of local implementation of SEN legislation.
- Contribute to improving transition practice for young people with SEN into education, employment, training and independent living.
- Contribute to service development through evaluation work/projects or development of a specialist area ( e.g. pupil participation).
- Work creatively with EPs, schools, other agencies and services to support individually tailored solutions at an organisational and individual level based on an understanding of evidence based best practice
- Qualifications: An honours degree in Psychology (2:1 or above)
- Experience: Knowledge of ways in which psychology can be applied to improve outcomes for children and young people. Knowledge and understanding of meeting SEN within an educational context. Knowledge of the Children and Families Act 2014. Understanding of the aspects of the EP role within a local authority
- Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK. HCPC Registration.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: Flexible hours p/w.
Working with Seven Education:
Established in 2011, Seven Education is a leading provider of teachers to private and public schools across the UK. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with teachers and lecturers covering KS1, all the way up to KS5 and beyond.
Seven Education is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available teaching staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of teaching; including Lecturers, Head Teachers, Assistant Head Teachers, Secondary School, Primary School, Teaching Assistants and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Teacher who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Education. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.