Consultant: Charlotte Steward
Salary: £45561 - £45561
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Biology Teacher with Leadership Responsibilities
Seven Education is looking for an experienced and qualified Biology Teacher to work as a full time member of staff within a leading independent boarding and day school near Reading. The role is to start in September and will be full time and permanent position with the possibility of further TLR for the right candidate. The ideal candidate will have QTS or equivalent along with up to date subject knowledge, a degree in a Biology related subject, as well as showing a strong history of commitment and leadership in previous roles.
You will be expected to run a successful department and teach up to A-Level and Oxbridge entrance.
The successful candidate will also be expected to provide excellent pastoral care to all students.
- Lead a department with a highly successful examination record
- Develop excellence within the department
- Prepare and deliver lessons to pupils.
- Mark work, give appropriate feedback and maintain records of pupils’ progress and development.
- Research new topic areas, maintaining up-to-date subject knowledge, and devise and write new curriculum materials as required.
- Select and use a range of different learning resources and equipment.
- Manage pupil behaviour in the classroom and on school premises, and apply appropriate and effective measures in cases of misbehaviour.
- Undertake pastoral duties such as supporting pupils on an individual basis through academic or personal difficulties.
- Communicate with parents and carers over pupils’ progress and participate in departmental meetings, parents’ evenings and whole-school training events.
- Liaise with other professionals when required, such as learning mentors, careers advisers, educational psychologists and education welfare officers.
- Demonstrate a commitment to wider school life
- Experience of working in a boarding school environment
Willingness to assist with after school activities
Willingness to drive the school minibuses
Attend weekend activities on occasions, such as matches
- Qualifications: QTS (Qualified Teacher Status) or equivalent with a degree in a Biology related subject.
- Experience: Up to date subject knowledge.
- Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK.
- Travel: The ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: Full time, Starting September.
- Pay: £28,995 – £45,561 (salary negotiable depending upon experience)
Working with Seven Education:
Established in 2011, Seven Education is a leading provider of teachers to private and public schools across the UK. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with teachers and lecturers covering Nursery / Pre-school, KS1, all the way up to KS5 and beyond.
Seven Education is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available teaching staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of teaching; including Lecturers, Head Teachers, Assistant Head Teachers, Secondary School, Primary School, Teaching Assistants and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Teacher who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Education. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.