Consultant: Marvin Isebor
Salary: £50000 - £50000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Education is looking fill the role of a Head of Department. A successful candidate is expected to be a permanent member of staff within an established and popular school in Midlands.
To support, hold accountable, develop and lead a team of staff to ensure high standards of teaching and learning and the wellbeing of staff and students within the Computer Science/ ICT department, so that students make appropriate progress.
- Promote an enthusiasm and a passion in students
- Develop links with KS2 main feeder schools in order to promote transition into KS3.
- Have a clear vision regarding how lessons and activities should be taught, developed and assessed in light of curriculum changes across all relevant Key Stages ensuring that the curriculum matches student needs/ interests.
- Lead and develop teachers through a team approach.
- Ensure that the delivery of lessons meet statutory requirements.
- Promote and develop high quality teaching and learning.
- Contribute to support the appointment and induction of new staff.
- Contribute to and support the professional development of subject staff.
- Lead the performance management of subject staff.
- Ensure that the department demands the highest expectations of all students.
- Ensure effective use of data to promote students’ learning and embed aspirational target setting across all key stages and for all student ‘groups
- Identify underachieving pupils and ensure that appropriate intervention is conducted and monitored and ensure Heads of year and / or parents / carers are kept well informed.
- Lead the team to make a significant contribution to students’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development through the relevant subject, which includes the use of resources linked to typical issues.
- Lead the development of appropriate syllabuses, resources, marking policies, assessment strategies within the department, within the designated area.
- Manage pupil behaviour in the classroom and on school premises and apply appropriate and effective measures in cases of misbehaviour.
- Undertake pastoral duties, such as taking on the role of form tutor, and supporting pupils on an individual basis through academic or personal difficulties.
- Communicate with parents and carers over pupils’ progress and participate in departmental meetings, parents’ evenings and whole-school training events.
- Liaise with other professionals, such as learning mentors, careers advisers, educational psychologists and education welfare officers.
- Supervise and support the work of teaching assistants, trainee teachers and newly qualified teachers (nqts).
- Qualification to the equivalent of a University Degree.
1+ year of post-graduate experience as a Teacher in the UK.
- Knowledge and understanding of the sectors curriculum
- Experience in managing and motivating a team of staff
- Experience of using a range of teaching and learning strategies for whole classes, individuals and groups which stimulate, challenge, engage and motivate students
- Knowledge of how to give positive and targeted support to students with special educational needs
- Relevant CPD over last three years
Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK. QTS gained from an ITT programme.
Travel: UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
Hours: 40 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Education:
Established in 2011, Seven Education is a leading provider of teachers to private and public schools across the UK. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with teachers and lecturers covering KS1, all the way up to KS5 and beyond.
Seven Education is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available teaching staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of teaching; including Lecturers, Head Teachers, Assistant Head Teachers, Secondary School, Primary School, Teaching Assistants and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Teacher who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Education. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive teaching jobs across the UK, please call 0333 200 5424.