Consultant: Levi Behan
Salary: £23000 - £29000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Education is looking for a part-time Deputy Nursery Manager to work as a temp to perm member of staff within an established and popular Nursery in Salford.
The deputy manager is a qualified professional, with significant childcare experience, who works in partnership with the nursery manager to ensure the smooth running of the nursery. In the manager’s absence the deputy is responsible for the management of the nursery.
- To assist the nursery manager in taking responsibility for the overall management, planning and development of the nursery, under the direction of the owners.
- To create an environment that provides for the well-being of all the children attending the nursery.
- To lead and motivate staff, delegating appropriate responsibilities and duties to support continuous professional development of the whole team.
- To identify training requirements for all team members working with the nursery manager to produce and ensure delivery of the nursery training plan. To evaluate the effectiveness of training carried out within the workplace.
- To share joint responsibility with the nursery manager for people management. To include recruitment, induction, performance reviews, disciplinary meetings, grievances and managing absence.
- To assist the nursery manager in taking responsibility for the efficient financial management of the nursery, ensuring that it is a commercial success. Includes supporting the production of an annual nursery budget in conjunction with the management committee utilising monthly financial reports to ensure that the budget is on target and to report any variances.
- To be responsible for the handling of monies and returns connected with the nursery.
- To assist the nursery manager in ensuring the proper maintenance and security of the building, equipment, fixtures and fittings and nursery grounds, in conjunction with the nursery.
- To communicate effectively with all customers, including internal teams, parents/carers, children and external agencies.
- To attend training courses and network meetings, taking on additional responsibilities relating to the operation of the nursery, when required.
- To assist the nursery manager in ensuring that relevant office work and records are completed to the required deadlines.
- To share joint responsibility with the nursery manager for ensuring compliance with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974.
- To ensure that the health, safety and welfare of the children are held to be paramount at all times. To include taking responsibility for dealing with any child protection issues, in liaison with the appropriate agencies.
- To ensure that adequate staffing levels are maintained at all times, in line with statutory ratio requirements. To include arranging staff cover and rotas.
- Qualifications: NVQ Level 2 or 3 in Childcare (Preferred)
- Experience: Childcare: 5 years (Preferred) Management: 2 years (Preferred)
- Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 30 hours p/w. 12:00 – 18:00
Working with Seven Education:
Established in 2011, Seven Education is a leading provider of teachers to private and public schools across the UK. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with teachers and lecturers covering KS1, all the way up to KS5 and beyond.
Seven Education is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available teaching staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of teaching; including Lecturers, Head Teachers, Assistant Head Teachers, Secondary School, Primary School, Teaching Assistants and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Teacher who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Education. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.