Consultant: Marvin Isebor
Salary: £45000 - £45000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Education is looking fill the role of a Director of Mathematics. A successful candidate is expected to be a permanent member of staff within an established and popular school in Midlands.
To support, hold accountable, develop and lead a team of staff to ensure high standards of teaching and learning and the wellbeing of staff and students within the Mathematics department, so that students make appropriate progress.
(a) Leading and managing the Maths faculty by:
- Promoting a clear vision for the faculty which embodies the highest expectations of staff and students;
- Undertaking quality assurance and self-evaluation activities across the faculty and acting on the finding of these;
- Developing, implementing and evaluating the impact of improvements plans for the faculty;
- Managing the effective deployment of TLR post holders to drive the priorities for improvement across the faculty;
- Ensuring that curriculum development within the faculty is ongoing, takes account of local and national agendas and leads to the best possible student progress;
- Establishing effective day to day management and organisation of the faculty;
- Utilising directed time to ensure that tasks are delegated appropriately, and staff workload is manageable,
- Deploying teaching and support staff across the faculty, ensuring this best meets the needs of students;
- Being accountable for the faculty budget and making sure this is used effectively;
- Overseeing the risk assessment and health and safety procedures across the faculty.
(b) Making an impact on the educational progress of students beyond those directly assigned by:
- Ensuring that students receive their entitlement to a broad and balanced Maths curriculum;
- Ensuring that opportunities are provided across the faculty for students to build on their interests and abilities outside of the taught curriculum;
- Promoting Maths as a vehicle to develop student leadership, self-esteem and self-confidence;
- Co-ordinating the work of teams within the faculty to ensure continuity and progression of the curriculum across KS3 and 4;
- Supporting and challenging colleagues in the faculty in using assessment data to inform curriculum delivery, plan interventions and accelerate student progress;
- Implementing and supporting inclusion by deploying support staff within the Maths faculty;
- Leading the development of cross curricular initiatives within the faculty and beyond;
- Engaging with CPL opportunities to promote your own leadership development;
- Contributing to the development of whole school policy and practice.
(c) Leading, developing and enhancing the teaching practice of others by:
- Promoting a positive ethos in Maths;
- Developing collaborative approaches to planning and curriculum delivery across the faculty;
- Modelling excellent practice in teaching and learning;
- Providing opportunities for the development and sharing of good practice;
- Leading the development of the highest quality of teaching;
- Monitoring the impact of teaching and learning within the Maths faculty and sharing judgements with teachers as appropriate;
- Using the information from quality assurance activities to identify the key development needs for faculty members and ensuring that these are addressed.
(d) Line management responsibility
- The post holder will be professionally accountable for the work of others, acting as performance management team leader for up to four middle leader colleagues.
(e) Support for the school
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to safeguarding and child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person;
- Be aware of and support diversity and ensure equal opportunities for all;
- Contribute to the overall ethos and aims of the school;
- Contributing to Governing Body reports and other meetings as required;
- Appreciate and support the role of other professionals;
- Attend and participate in relevant meetings as required;
- Participate in training and other learning activities and Maths development as required;
- Recognise own strengths and areas of expertise and use these to advise and support others.
(f) General Responsibilities
- To carry out the professional duties of a schoolteacher identified in the School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions. In addition to those professional responsibilities that are common to all teachers in the school, where the post holder is on the upper pay spine, the threshold standards also apply.
- The post holder may be also be asked to undertake any other duties which may reasonably be regarded as within the nature of the duties and responsibilities/grade of the post as defined, subject to the proviso that normally any changes of a permanent nature shall be incorporated into the job description in specific cases.
- Degree and QTS in a Maths based subject
- 1+ year of post-graduate experience as a Teacher with TLR in the UK.
- Good or outstanding teacher with a track record of excellent GCSE outcomes
- Successful middle leadership in Maths e.g. Head of Subject/Key Stage
- Excellent knowledge of current Maths pedagogy in KS3 and 4.
- Knowledge of data tracking to accelerate student progress
- Excellent understanding of the new GCSE specification.
- Experience in managing and motivating a team of staff
- Experience of using a range of teaching and learning strategies for whole classes, individuals and groups which stimulate, challenge, engage and motivate students
- Knowledge of how to give positive and targeted support to students with special educational needs
- Relevant CPD over last three years
- Proof of ability to work and live in the UK
- DBS check
- The ability to commute to and from work independently with ease
- 40 hours p/w
Working with Seven Education:
Established in 2011, Seven Education is a leading provider of teachers to private and public schools across the UK. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with teachers and lecturers covering KS1, all the way up to KS5 and beyond.
Seven Education is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available teaching staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of teaching; including Lecturers, Head Teachers, Assistant Head Teachers, Secondary School, Primary School, Teaching Assistants and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Teacher who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Education. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.