Consultant: Jade Lowe
Salary: £16000 - £18000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Education is looking for an Early Years Worker to work as a temporary member of staff within an Childrens Centre in Bristol.
– Undertake the care and supervision of young children receiving Daycare
– Support for the development of learning skills by young children
Work within the relevant policies and legislation, to support the:
– physical, emotional, educational, cultural and religious needs of young children
– effective partnership with parents/carers/service users.
Work directly with individuals and groups to:
– Facilitate holistic development of individuals and groups;
– Meet the needs, under guidance, of disabled children and of gifted/talented children;
– In consultation with parents, other appropriate staff and manager, write individual Education Plans;
– Deliver defined specialist learning programmes, under guidance, both within the setting and on outings;
– Apply necessary support to promote welfare objectives so that each child is supported in learning and development.
Create, store and retrieve:
– Work plans for children’s progress
– Records of progress
– Appropriate resources and learning aids
– Equipment for learning
So that the learning environment is supported in achieving the goals defined by the manager.
Provide direct interventions to deal with and maintain:
– Defined standards of cleanliness and hygiene in working areas of the nursery
– Responses to simple First Aid needs
– Responses to the personal needs of children, including hygiene and cleanliness
So that the working environment is seen by users as welcoming and supportive.
- Provide, where appropriate, direct guidance, advice and support to students in training based at the nursery for practical placements so that the students are aware of and comply with standard operating practices in safe working and in child care procedures.
- Supervise Early Years Support Workers as required.
- Work directly with other staff in meetings/reviews/case conferences to contribute to the information needed to provide for the development of the individual child.
- Plan, implement and evaluate holiday playscheme provision for children in conjunction with colleagues
- Qualifications: Level 3 qualification in Early Years eg NVQ3, BTEC, NNEB
- Knowledge of equal opportunities
- Knowledge of child protection procedures
- Experience in identifying individual children’s needs and contributing towards assessment of developmental progress
- Previous experience of working effectively in a day care/education setting
- Knowledge and understanding of needs of children with SEN
- Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 35.5 Hours. Term time only.
Working with Seven Education:
Established in 2011, Seven Education is a leading provider of teachers to private and public schools across the UK. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with teachers and lecturers covering KS1, all the way up to KS5 and beyond.
Seven Education is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available teaching staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of teaching; including Lecturers, Head Teachers, Assistant Head Teachers, Secondary School, Primary School, Teaching Assistants and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Teacher who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Education. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive teaching jobs across the UK, please call 0333 200 5424.