Consultant: Levi Behan
Salary: £400 - £500
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Education is looking for an Educational Psychologist to work as a temporary member of staff within a few established and popular high schools in Blackburn & Darwen.
The role requires working in consultation with parents, teachers, social workers, doctors and other people involved in the child’s education in a variety of ways, including observations, interviews and assessments of the child. You’ll also offer a range of appropriate interventions, such as learning programmes and collaborative work with teachers or parents.
- assess children’s learning and emotional needs by observing and consulting with multi-agency teams to advise on the best approaches and provisions to support learning and development
- develop and support therapeutic and behaviour management programmes
- design and develop courses for parents, teachers and others involved with the education of children and young people
- designing and developing projects involving children and young people
- write reports to make formal recommendations on action to be taken, including formal statements
- advise, persuade, support and negotiate with teachers, parents and other education professionals
- attend case conferences involving multidisciplinary teams on how best to meet the social, emotional, behavioural and learning needs of the children and young people in your care
- prioritise effectiveness – the context and environment that influence the child’s development are seen as increasingly important
- conduct active research
- formulate interventions that focus on applying knowledge, skills and expertise to support local and national initiatives
- develop and apply effective interventions to promote psychological wellbeing, social, emotional and behavioural development, and to raise educational standards.
- Qualifications: Psychology degree or conversion course accredited by The British Psychological Society (BPS)
- Experience: 1+ year of post-graduate experience as a Teacher in the UK.
- Compliance: You must be registered with the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Education:
Established in 2011, Seven Education is a leading provider of teachers to private and public schools across the UK. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with teachers and lecturers covering KS1, all the way up to KS5 and beyond.
Seven Education is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available teaching staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of teaching; including Lecturers, Head Teachers, Assistant Head Teachers, Secondary School, Primary School, Teaching Assistants and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Teacher who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Education. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.