Consultant: Levi Behan
Salary: £40000 - £50000
Job Status: Permanent / part time
Seven Education is looking for an Educational Psychologist to work as a permanent member of staff within an established local authority in South London.
Provide a high quality generic psychology service and a specialist service in agreed areas of applied psychology to schools and settings. Provide support to schools, families, individual children and young people to ensure high standards of attainment within inclusive settings. Provide assessment and advice for families and early years settings to support the needs of pre-school children and their successful transition to school.
- To ensure that individual work plans are consistent with the Educational Psychology Team programme of activities, the team plan, the Education and Skills Business Plan and the Children and Young People’s Plan and are completed to a high standard.
- To work in collaboration with colleagues in the Children’s Service to ensure coherent and consistent advice is provided and there is efficient provision of professional support to schools.
- To work in partnership with the Learning Network Inspectors to promote school improvement, inclusive education and raising attainment.
- To provide schools and settings with advice and strategies based on leading-edge applied psychology to enable inclusive practice to develop and standards to rise.
- To develop individual expertise in key areas of applied psychology to enhance the skills of the Educational Psychology Team and develop a menu of options for use by schools.
- To undertake other duties consistent with the achievement of high professional standards including project work. Job Description
- To assist in the promotion of the Barnet Educational Psychology Team as a dynamic service that publishes and presents at conferences and other learning events.
- To work effectively with a wide range of agencies in order to promote positive outcomes for children and young people and their families.
- To provide written psychological advice within required statutory timeframes.
- To provide training and other professional development opportunities for schools and settings.
- To comply with all policies and guidelines in the Educational Psychology Handbook and the Children’s Service including all Child Protection and Data Protection guidelines.
- Qualifications: Honours degree in Psychology (or BPS recognised equivalent). Postgraduate professional training as an educational psychologist.
- Experience: At least 2 years qualified experience with children. Experience in the use and interpretation of a wide range of psychological assessment techniques and interventions.
- Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK. HCPC Registration.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: Flexible.
Working with Seven Education:
Established in 2011, Seven Education is a leading provider of teachers to private and public schools across the UK. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with teachers and lecturers covering KS1, all the way up to KS5 and beyond.
Seven Education is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available teaching staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of teaching; including Lecturers, Head Teachers, Assistant Head Teachers, Secondary School, Primary School, Teaching Assistants and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Teacher who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Education. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.